Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

(Some people in) Brighton - taking itself a bit too seriously?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Somewhat high handed to be signing on behalf of the people of Brighton and Hove, but people with opinions are often like that in Brighton.....arses up their own and stuck come to mind.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
[MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] I share your views here

Although it's difficult to view the impact of East saltdean, telscombe or peacehaven (the hinterland) on the voting outcomes of a proper pure Brighton kemptown. Perhaps I should start BKIP?

Shouldn't that be BIP? or B&HIP?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I think the original entry in this thread is taking the People's Republic far more seriously than its members are ...

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I'm just confused as Brighton Kempton is blue! Which the petition forgets. :ffsparr:

Its all those Conservative voters who used to live in Brighton Pavilion but have been priced out of the property market by affluent DFLers and now find themselves living in Saltdean , Telescombe Cliffs and Peacehaven aka Brighton Kemptown (Eastern Annexe) :lol:

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
I'm just confused as Brighton Kempton is blue! Which the petition forgets. :ffsparr:

No it doesn't forget but there is some very clear statistical information that points to the eastern annexe ( not real brighton) having swayed that vote.

At least they didnt sully the local elections (albeit rottingdean coastal went blue, and this time did literally elect an empty suit with a blue rosette when a 20 year old law student who hardly set foot in the ward if he could avoid it) got in

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
It's a piss take...

probably is

the petitioner seems somewhat miffed at the election result though

"Congratulations to all the selfish ****tards that voted this bunch of :censored: back in for another 5 years. Five more years of cuts aimed at the poor and vulnerable, so that they can give tax breaks to the wealthy, and pay the £20b they will need to replace Trident. Congrats on causing more child poverty, ever increasing use of food banks, more homelessness and suicides. Congrats also for allowing the NHS to be broken up and sold off to the highest bidder, and for allowing fracking in your back yard.
Enjoy it all, you ignorant twats!"

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Maybe so. My point is, it's an odd thing to throw at this Government (which as far as I'm aware hasn't done anything yet) when the last invasion was Labour-led.

Conservatives wanted military action in Syria in 2013. Labour blocked it.

I'm not adding anything to the right or wrongs - I'm just providing info.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Give people a Facebook page and Change.org and they think they're some kind of political saviour.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I didn't for one second think this was a serious play at achieving independence, but the underlying sentiment, which was the point, seems very much sincerely held by our Jezzer.

Screen Shot 2015-05-15 at 13.51.01.png

Screen Shot 2015-05-15 at 13.49.26.png

Screen Shot 2015-05-15 at 13.50.41.png

Maybe so. My point is, it's an odd thing to throw at this Government (which as far as I'm aware hasn't done anything yet) when the last invasion was Labour-led.

Tories would have bombed the **** out of Syria if Miliband hadn't stopped them two years ago. I think we know who the "bomb first ask questions later" party is

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Jezz sounds like a complete ********, regardless of his political leanings. What drivel.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Jezz sounds like an complete ********, regardless of his political leanings.

Agreed. I always feel that anyone who resorts to persistently altering the name of whatever it is their ire is aimed at, comes across as a bit of a bell. He seems very pleased with himself over this "*****ervatives" jibe he has concocted doesn't he.

What a complete cockwomble.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I really can't be doing with that 'unfriend me now' business when it comes to politics. It's just nuts. Two of my very best real life friends are Tories or ex Tories, another FB friend from school who I'm seeing on Saturday works for Nick Herbert while others are committed Greens and I think I have at least one anarchist and a commie.

What's the point is surrounding yourself with people who agree with you? It'd be like the biggest, never ending Stewart Lee gig ever ('yep, I just agreed the f*** out of that one too').

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
What a load of old shite

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here