Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Some Fans just go to far!

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Use the term fan loosely? You know him then?

No, but abusing players of the team you "support" ? I mean thats probably the worst kind of support there is.

Kemy did also reply to some who tweeted that he didnt have a good game - and he acknowledged that by saying he will try to be better in the next game.

Defending the indefensible here.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
A few tweets criticising a player for not clapping the away support doesn't make you any less of a supporter.

No, but it makes him look like a right tool. I couldn't give a toss if he had died in both world wars, if he had a nightmare game then that's different, but because of not clapping? That's just needy.

Maybe the poor little child needs a hug.

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
No, but abusing players of the team you "support" ? I mean thats probably the worst kind of support there is.

Kemy did also reply to some who tweeted that he didnt have a good game - and he acknowledged that by saying he will try to be better in the next game.

Defending the indefensible here.

Maybe I'm playing devil's advocate, but if I'd spent my hard earned money on train travel, match ticket, food, drink etc on a day out in Derby, I'd be pretty miffed as well if a player didn't come over and acknowledge me and my fellow supporters for bothering.

No, but it makes him look like a right tool. I couldn't give a toss if he had died in both world wars, if he had a nightmare game then that's different, but because of not clapping? That's just needy.

Maybe the poor little child needs a hug.

Each to their own chap, maybe I'm old fashioned but as I say above, a lot of money goes into these days out for a lot of people. By not thanking them, as a player you're sticking two fingers up at the people that pay your wages and consequently, you can't really moan if you get a bit of stick.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I've never seen the facination with fans demanding the players come and clap them after a game. If one of the 11 players on the pitch at the final whistle doesn't come and clap you is that really going to ruin your day?

A few years ago most of the crowd at Brentford wanted Murray sold then and there because he didn't clap towards the away fans, it does come accross a bit needy!

MOST of the crowd at Brentford? I think there were a handful and a few moaners on Nsc.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Maybe I'm playing devil's advocate, but if I'd spent my hard earned money on train travel, match ticket, food, drink etc on a day out in Derby, I'd be pretty miffed as well if a player didn't come over and acknowledge me and my fellow supporters for bothering.

Each to their own chap, maybe I'm old fashioned but as I say above, a lot of money goes into these days out for a lot of people. By not thanking them, as a player you're sticking two fingers up at the people that pay your wages and consequently, you can't really moan if you get a bit of stick.

Kemy did come over though, which just shows that the guy on Twitter is blind as well as stupid.

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
Kemy did come over though, which just shows that the guy on Twitter is blind as well as stupid.

I wasn't there so I can't comment but my point is that surely his reasons behind the tweets (when combined with the fact that he was probably a few beers down) are understandable and don't make him any less of a fan like others are suggesting.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Use the term fan loosely? You know him then?

The lad has been to some right shitholes following the Albion, he's as real as they come. A few tweets criticising a player for not clapping the away support doesn't make you any less of a supporter.

He is not a good supporter in my book, so what he travels to always, so do plenty of others without abusing our players.
Kemy said on twitter he did applaud at the end.

Hopefully your mate has learnt from this and won't do it again.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

Is this all that you and your mate have to worry about, a player not giving you a hug and a kiss at the end of the match?

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
I haven't seen the tweets, but would say the following.

The lad concerned spends a small fortune following The Albion all over the country, and whilst he might have made a mistake, he's a good kid.

Haven't we all shouted something at a football match that we might later regret?

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I haven't seen the tweets, but would say the following.

The lad concerned spends a small fortune following The Albion all over the country, and whilst he might have made a mistake, he's a good kid.

Haven't we all shouted something at a football match that we might later regret?

Out of interest was your mate a Barnes hater? And now needs another player to abuse.

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton

Yes we have, but how many of us have posted derogatory comments at a player that represents our football club on a public forum and refer to him as 'a fat c***'

For the record I was there Saturday and Kemy did applaud the fans after the game, I would suggest this young lad probably didn't see through his 'beer goggles'

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
Is this all that you and your mate have to worry about, a player not giving you a hug and a kiss at the end of the match?

Nope, I've got plenty on my plate thank you. Not sure what relevance that has to anything we were discussing.

He is not a good supporter in my book, so what he travels to always, so do plenty of others without abusing our players.
Kemy said on twitter he did applaud at the end.

Hopefully your mate has learnt from this and won't do it again.

Where can I see all the supporter ratings? I want to know where I am in the table.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Nope, I've got plenty on my plate thank you. Not sure what relevance that has to anything we were discussing.

Read your post #49 again, forget I said hug and kiss and replace it with a clap.
I now realise you didn't go to Derby so forget I mentioned YOU.

Where can I see all the supporter ratings? I want to know where I am in the table.

You have lost me with this comment. ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here