Some fans have sick humour

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Dear:

Baron "I'm gay everyone" :bigwave: Pepperpot
Cuddly Churchy Dave of Southampton
And Mr RandomLettersBeginningWithS

This was nothing but a rather unfunny, very weak "joke". About as funny and offensive as a Croydon-related quip from seagullovergrimsby, in fact. Please refrain from feeling offended on other people's behalf. You come across as a right bunch of drips.

Thanks.
Pretty much everybody else
:thumbsup:

You've been listening to that Buzzer too much.

I quite like being a drip, thank you very much, and if you don't like it, you can go boil your head, said he good-humouredly. I am not exactly sitting here thumping my desk with rage!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
It's not on Lita's timeline. Or his images (screen shot below)

Not now and not this morning, on seeing it he would have taken it down.

So I think that what you're saying is that the first thing Leroy Lita did on arriving at his new club was search twitter for all the fan groups in case someone had posted a look alike of his new manager. He was particularly taken with the one that was a joke and in between sending his TWO other main tweets he retweeted it. This morning, struck by guilt, he checked NSC, saw your post and immediately deleted the RT in case it was the first thing Oscar mentioned at training.

You don't understand how twitter works do you?

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Guinness Boy says;

So I think that what you're saying is that the first thing Leroy Lita did on arriving at his new club was search twitter for all the fan groups in case someone had posted a look alike of his new manager. He was particularly taken with the one that was a joke and in between sending his TWO other main tweets he retweeted it. This morning, struck by guilt, he checked NSC, saw your post and immediately deleted the RT in case it was the first thing Oscar mentioned at training.

You don't understand how twitter works do you?[/QUOTE]

Whatever, you can think what you want, social media is set up to share photo updates, twitter is the same depending on how the account is set up. I found the photo fit image on Lita's and BHAFC twitter accounts, and it may have even shown up on Naylors, I didn't even know of a SWCAmex twitter page until they led me there.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Whatever, you can think what you want, social media is set up to share photo updates, twitter is the same depending on how the account is set up. I found the photo fit image on Lita's and BHAFC twitter accounts, and it may have even shown up on Naylors, I didn't even know of a SWCAmex twitter page until they led me there.

Thanks for proving my point.

On twitter you have to deliberately choose to share. That's why people sometimes use the excuse "I was hacked" when they post something stupid. It's no different to posting here except it has to be 140 chars or less and the means of forwarding and replying are different.

But do you know what else Leroy and the club have in common? They are verified accounts. That's what the tick in the light blue box is. It is used by famous people / organisations to distinguish their real account from fakes. With a verified account people cannot even reply to you without your approval. As a big organisation it's a very useful tool which is why the Albion do it. Individuals with verified accounts tend to be so far up themselves they can smile through their arse. What they share is a protection of their brand that is so paranoid the last thing they'd do is RT a joke from a fan account.

What happened was this. You went on to Lita's account to follow him. At around the same time the SWC account retweeted his welcome message to the fans. They therefore showed up in the corner as a suggested follow. You clicked on their link, found the post, got TOTALLY OUTRAGED for no real good reason and started this absolute abortion of a thread.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Thanks for proving my point.

What happened was this. You went on to Lita's account to follow him. At around the same time the SWC account retweeted his welcome message to the fans. They therefore showed up in the corner as a suggested follow. You clicked on their link, found the post, got TOTALLY OUTRAGED for no real good reason and started this absolute abortion of a thread.

Your point hasn't been proven, I found the image via Lita's twitter, exactly what I told you, and you have confirmed it in your post.

If any fan posts an image of Oscar alongside a photo fit in the Madeleine McCann case for a laugh at his expense, that is their juvenile sense of wit and bad taste.

I didn’t post the image, and you are more outraged with me than who posted it in the first place, so don’t start making out I’m the guilty party and being so righteous about it.

I have seen that AmexSWC have chosen to do the right thing and have taken the image down, so it is my guess that on reflection AmexSWC thought this image could be deemed offensive, otherwise it would still be there.

If by me mentioning it on here caused that affect, it’s a good job done and I am glad that you had fun contributing on this thread.

Anyway, end of and get over it, it’s gone.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Your point hasn't been proven, I found the image via Lita's twitter, exactly what I told you, and you have confirmed it in your post.

If any fan posts an image of Oscar alongside a photo fit in the Madeleine McCann case for a laugh at his expense, that is their juvenile sense of wit and bad taste.

I didn’t post the image, and you are more outraged with me than who posted it in the first place, so don’t start making out I’m the guilty party and being so righteous about it.

I have seen that AmexSWC have chosen to do the right thing and have taken the image down, so it is my guess that on reflection AmexSWC thought this image could be deemed offensive, otherwise it would still be there.

If by me mentioning it on here caused that affect, it’s a good job done and I am glad that you had fun contributing on this thread.

Anyway, end of and get over it, it’s gone.

I can't see any statement from Oscar highlighting how offended he is ....... still !!!!!

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Right I need to get this off my chest. I saw the promo for the Watford game yesterday entitled "fright night", in said video Oscar had red eyes, my second cousins best friend is an albino and now I'm deeply offended, infact I think I'm going to go and scream for a policeman.

I'd quite like to be an albino.............to be fair.

Baron Pepperpot

Jul 26, 2012
Brighton
Dear:

Baron "I'm gay everyone" :bigwave: Pepperpot

On the contrary, in my 1300 odd posts it is very rarely mentioned and apart from one spoof thread only on related subjects. And why would I need to mention it when you, Algie and Husty regularly do it for me ? :shrug:

I'm now offended on your behalf.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here