Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Some back-end changes made to NSC - please report any issues you find

Feb 9, 2011
Lancing
A couple of SMALL issues [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION], all related, nothing worth turning the thing off if it'll cost NSC a fortune, but:

1) I am semi-regularly being logged out, it's happened 4/5 times now, but...
2) If I refresh the page, suddenly I am logged back in (hence it really being a small issue), but...
3) When it is showing me as logged out, the 'password' field is not starred out, it shows as text when typing in there. There's no other NSC users here so it's all good... but I imagine it's regarded as worth starring in the first place so it must be a problem if it's suddenly not...

(Using Chrome in Windows XP if that makes any difference...)

I've been getting this on my iPad but when entering password shows text the same but then comes up password incorrect. If I then log out and restart normally works although earlier came up password incorrectly entered 5 times leave for 15 mins

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Actually, I keep getting messages saying the website cannot be loaded, or that the site is offline. I'm using Chrome and I'm not sure if it's the dodgy student halls internet or not.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
I couldn't log in on Chrome. Had to switch to Firefox, but still unable to login with the little boxes at the top of the screen. Wouldn't respond when I clicked them. Had to go about it a rather more arduous way.

Edit: And then got a weird message about not having permission to post. Tried again and it worked.
Edit 2: When I edited this message the first time, it logged me out. Had to log in again to post the edit.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
I couldn't log in via tapatalk earlier (message saying I had entered wrong password 5 times which I hadn't) but seems OK now.

PHCgull

Gus-ambivalent User
Mar 5, 2009
just had the visible password form entry issue reported by others. Firefox on a PC.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Anything better - I've reined in a few settings now.

I don't seem to be getting the repeated "Connecting" message any more. :thumbsup:

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I log in and can scroll through pages on a thread and then I randomly appear to have been logged out (no specific function - has been four times in last ten minutes in different locations). But I've just noticed that if I ignore the "Log in" notice and click through to my destination, I do still appear to be logged in. Not sure how to replicate this - other than it happens every few pages.

Using Firefox 20.0.1 on a laptop.

Edit: and as I try to post this it says "The following errors occurred with your submission. You do not have permission to perform this action. Please refresh the page and login before trying again."

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
The only oddity I seem to be having is when I open threads that I haven't viewed before (or so it seems, it's a bit sporadic to be honest) when the page has finished loading it sends me to the bottom of the page. Firefox 20.0 OSX 10.8.3. Could just be my machine as I've been having a few issues with my trackpad but it does only seem to happen on this site.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Anything better - I've reined in a few settings now.

Started to slow up again , yesterday it felt like it had gone back to normal , today it is crap.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I just had a 'database error' for 5 minutes or so leaving me unable to get onto NSC - anyone else?

Since1982

Sep 30, 2006
Burgess Hill
I couldn't connect via Tapatalk and received this email
Dear Since1982,

Someone has tried to log into your account on North Stand Chat with an incorrect password at least 5 times. This person has been prevented from attempting to login to your account for the next 15 minutes.

The person trying to log into your account had the following IP address: 141.101.98.86

All the best,
North Stand Chat

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
[MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] as others have said, keep being logged out, using Safari, no real dramas though :)

KJP

Mar 2, 2011
Goring-by-Sea
I had a lot of problems last night, tapatalk logged me out then it said invalid password and that I had used up my goes, tried again half hour later and it said same thing even though I only tried logging in once, finally let me in this morning

Wiggy Power

Feb 25, 2009
I couldn't connect via Tapatalk and received this email
Dear Since1982,

Someone has tried to log into your account on North Stand Chat with an incorrect password at least 5 times. This person has been prevented from attempting to login to your account for the next 15 minutes.

The person trying to log into your account had the following IP address: 141.101.98.86

All the best,
North Stand Chat

Same here.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here