Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Some back-end changes made to NSC - please report any issues you find

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Multi quote isn't working (my world is in tatters) for me on this page - it is on other pages.
Well done Chinese hacker types
What are their hacking attempts all about (ie, hacking UK sites in general, not specifically this one)?

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Not sure if it's related, but after the page has been displayed, Firefox continually keeps displaying "Connecting...".

Not noticed that before. Nothing odder than usual in IE6.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
A couple of SMALL issues [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION], all related, nothing worth turning the thing off if it'll cost NSC a fortune, but:

1) I am semi-regularly being logged out, it's happened 4/5 times now, but...
2) If I refresh the page, suddenly I am logged back in (hence it really being a small issue), but...
3) When it is showing me as logged out, the 'password' field is not starred out, it shows as text when typing in there. There's no other NSC users here so it's all good... but I imagine it's regarded as worth starring in the first place so it must be a problem if it's suddenly not...

(Using Chrome in Windows XP if that makes any difference...)

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Not sure if it's related, but after the page has been displayed, Firefox continually keeps displaying "Connecting...".

Not noticed that before. Nothing odder than usual in IE6.

You use IE6? Jesus weep you will be wide open to viruses.

If you are do you use windows update?

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
You use IE6? Jesus weep you will be wide open to viruses.

If you are do you use windows update?

It's my office PC, so behind the corporate firewall, with all updates centrally controlled. Personally, I only use Firefox for browsing, but only because I installed it myself. Other people are still using IE6, though. Main problem is that nothing displays correctly.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
It's my office PC, so behind the corporate firewall, with all updates centrally controlled. Personally, I only use Firefox for browsing, but only because I installed it myself. Other people are still using IE6, though. Main problem is that nothing displays correctly.

Ahh OK, you had me worried there.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
A couple of SMALL issues [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION], all related, nothing worth turning the thing off if it'll cost NSC a fortune, but:

1) I am semi-regularly being logged out, it's happened 4/5 times now, but...
2) If I refresh the page, suddenly I am logged back in (hence it really being a small issue), but...
3) When it is showing me as logged out, the 'password' field is not starred out, it shows as text when typing in there. There's no other NSC users here so it's all good... but I imagine it's regarded as worth starring in the first place so it must be a problem if it's suddenly not...

(Using Chrome in Windows XP if that makes any difference...)

I can partially reproduce this using chrome. The Username/PW boxes up the top of the page failed to log me in despite me typing in my password correctly. I knew it was properly typed because it hadn't been starred out like usual. The 'forgotten password attempts' page that it then takes you to allowed me to log in as usual and did star my password correctly. But you might want to investigate the behaviour of the box at the top of the page.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Still have the advertising banners covering the NSC logo on my IPad. (Safari browser)

Don't look very good. :(

Titus

Come on!
Feb 21, 2010
Up here on the left.
Since Chrome has started to use pepper flash it has caused a lot of problems on game sites and forums that use pictures. A lot of game players have changed to one of the smaller browsers like Comodo, Palemoon or Maxthon.

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
Been faster for me, the only minor problem I've had is trying to view Bozza's other post about wanting to go in his box at the palace match. Keeps saying "you may not have permission to do this action" and then a blank page

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here