Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Solly

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
Thanks AZ. I was there at that game at Derby and remember their rabid fans booing Solly off. I really hope for us and Solly that it's nothing too serious. He's been a revelation this season with his dynamism, skill and great defending. He seems such a nice, unassuming guy too. Fingers crossed.

I remember that - although it did lead to a rather excellently titled apology, namely 'Solly seems to be the hardest word'.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Gutted

I've been a big fan of the lad for a long time.
Just as he starts to win over the die-hards who just can't see it, he gets another injury.

Hoping this is not season ending, but our players tend to take a long time coming back from injury

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Oh what a shame. I was musing on the thread praising his Spurs performance how high his fitness levels were, and then this goes and happens in his next game.

It's even possible that Karbownik takes that role and runs with it, stopping Solly being a regular next season, such a shame for the lad.

With the squad we have, 'regular' may become an outdated concept. But I think GP will find a role for Solly even if Karbownik excels at left wing back. He made the point after the game that he likes playing on the right, and his match-winning cross came from there, as have many others.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
He will certainly be missed as he has been excellent this season. The only real upside is that it’s not ACL. Cartilage removal/clean up is an in and out in a day operation with very small incisions. Hopefully we see him before the end of the season.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not much of an upside. You can replace ACL:s but you cant replace knee cartilage.

Sad for him, hope he comes back as good as he's been so far this season - one of the best left backs in the entire league.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Get well soon Solly...we have replacements though Izzy,Moder and even maybe Karbownick. I have had two ops on knee cartilage, hope it's just a scrub and clean in which case he should be back inside two months, especially with the physio and back up he will get.
We do have Tariq to look forward to don't we?

TNBA

TTF

kemptown kid

Apr 17, 2011
What a shame - Solly has been having an excellent season. An intelligent and versatile player who never gives less than 100%, must be a dream player for a manager. Wishing him a speedy recovery.

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
Sickening news, Get well and come back soon Solly, all the best for a quick and full recovery.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
He has been magnificent this season, growing in confidence and consistency and certainly in the running for POTS. I'm guessing they won't want to estimate a recovery time until he's had the op and they can see exactly what the damage is.

Get well soon Solly :thumbsup:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Speedy recivery Solly. When I was 27 I had a torn meniscus fixed by keyhole surgery, and I was cross country skiing a week later. It may not be as long term as it may seem. That said, I've done the meniscus twice since, develped arthritis, and now need a full knee replacement, so don't be a tit like me.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Speedy recivery Solly. When I was 27 I had a torn meniscus fixed by keyhole surgery, and I was cross country skiing a week later. It may not be as long term as it may seem. That said, I've done the meniscus twice since, develped arthritis, and now need a full knee replacement, so don't be a tit like me.

Didn't realize they did keyhole surgery 50 yrs ago Harry ... lol

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Not much of an upside. You can replace ACL:s but you cant replace knee cartilage.

Sad for him, hope he comes back as good as he's been so far this season - one of the best left backs in the entire league.

I’ve had four lots of keyhole surgery on my left knee to remove cartilage. Recovery is swift compared to ACL reconstruction. As little as a month to maybe 4 months compared to a minimum of 6 months. ACL reconstruction is fraught with issues and many never fully recover. That is very unlikely to happen with cartilage.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here