[Albion] Solly to West Ham?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
The Liverpool Echo are reporting that Everton are interested and would be disappointed if he moves to West Ham.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spo...rton-tottenham-transfer-news-rumours-18922541

Wow. £15m!

“Newcastle, Everton and Wolves are also reportedly monitoring the winger’s situation, but the Hammers are supposedly in the lead for his signature.

The 26-year-old has been impressive at times for Brighton in the Premier League and he is reportedly valued at around £15 million.”

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
There’s something in all this.

I know lots of us here like to think the club’s transfer business is “under the radar” but I’m getting a bit fed up reading stories about us selling players rather than buying them.

Apart from a goalie we don’t need....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Not a chance this will happen, west ham don't need another winger and Solly will always have a place in the squad with us

They are desperately trying to get rid of two of lanzini, the Ukrainian and Anderson.

They had to sell the youngster to West Brom to pay part of haller fee which was more than a month overdue. Any purchase has to be funded from a sale.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
I like and rate Solly but if I was him I’d go if it’s an option .
He’s been here a long time And he’s becoming part of the furniture .
A change may well Reinvigorate him and his career

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
I hope we don't sell him. Has the quality to change games when he comes off the bench so if he can just sort out his consistency I think he could still be a great player for us.
I don't think I've ever seen a better performance from a substitute than that game away to Birmingham. He was phenomenal.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Those saying not fulfilled potential need to give heads a wobble .

Holding his own the premier league. How much higher you expecting ?

Be realistic

Solly is ok

As for someone also shoe horning in an AJ argument to this , what nonsense . Solly has shown plenty and contributed lots .

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Tempted to start a poll on NSC’s thoughts on this but won’t

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
Solly is a decent squad player and I think he very much would have a role to play next season if he stayed.

But for £15million we should take the money and run. Even better if we could get a bidding war going.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Solly is a decent squad player and I think he very much would have a role to play next season if he stayed.

But for £15million we should take the money and run. Even better if we could get a bidding war going.

I don’t think he’s ever been a £15m player for us but don’t be surprised if he goes somewhere else and looks that much and more.
He’s a quality player that’s gone stale.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Would love to sell him for what is being reported. Tidy footballer and never has a mare but never excels either. Showed glimpses last year (assist against Burnley and coming on v West Ham) but that was about it (don’t claim the assist v Arsenal please). Can’t see anyone buying him though.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
I don’t think he’s ever been a £15m player for us but don’t be surprised if he goes somewhere else and looks that much and more.
He’s a quality player that’s gone stale.

Maybe he's become too comfortable here and needs a change of pastures. He just doesn't seem to have much zest these days, everything is frustratingly laboured, as talented as he is.

Financially the deal would make perfect sense for us, but I do have a worrying gut feeling that this could be another Ashley Barnes-esque sale

But you don't turn down £15 million for someone who's a squad player, particularly in this market

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I know he gets a bit of stick on here but I still think Solly is a good squad player, very versatile, doesn’t kick up a fuss if he doesn’t start every game. Tactically flexible.

I’d keep him personally.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Maybe he's become too comfortable here and needs a change of pastures. He just doesn't seem to have much zest these days, everything is frustratingly laboured, as talented as he is.

Financially the deal would make perfect sense for us, but I do have a worrying gut feeling that this could be another Ashley Barnes-esque sale

But you don't turn down £15 million for someone who's a squad player, particularly in this market

Yeah , he’s at a club where everyone from top down is familiar With his play .
We fans may overlook his qualities at times, at other times he doesn’t help himself .
It all points to a change .
He Probably needs it for himself, as a person . I’m guessing there , but it’s all a bit .....Flat

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Doubt West Ham fans would be as forgiving of Solly's normal ordinariness as Albion fans are. Maybe just stay put, even if denies your standard level agent their percentage cut on any transfer fees. Sorry Solly, but you're bang average and need dropping a division :wave:

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Main thing against this rumour is.. why would ANY footballer go to West Ham right now? It’s toxic and is going to get worse this season.

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
Do hope this doesn’t happen. They have just sold a promising youngster and for Solly to walk into that doesn’t bear thinking about. He’ll be crucified before he has kicked a ball.
Hope this is the buildup to him signing another contract.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports