Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Solly March

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I've not seen many players 'click' before your eyes as Solly did at home to Cardiff. Prior to the Cardiff game I thought his decision making had been indecisive, he didn't seem to want to take his man on, his shooting looked like Toblerone sponsored his boots. He didn't start that first half particularly well, but second half he took them apart. He was transformed in that game. Whatever happened from then on his shots were on target from everywhere, he was stripping fullbacks for fun. We saw a young man who may or may not make it suddenly look the real deal. His injury was the one we felt the most as we got into December.

March and Knocky in the midfield is mouth watering.

This. We're seriously underestimating on NSC just how good Solly March is. Even before that 'clicking', he was demonstrating so many different qualities -- especially pace, balance and skill -- and, for me, the only thing that was lacking was composure at vital moments (final pass, shooting, etc). For six or ten games, starting with Cardiff, he looked like the best player in the entire league. Bruno says he's the most skilful player in the squad, and we really ought to pay attention to such assessments.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Probably will need to send him out on loan to someone to get his fitness back up, won't be much space on our bench for him to manage that.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Solly wont start proper training till August so dont expect to see him much before October

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
True, lualua had a bad injury himself and hasn't looked the same for me.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
True, lualua had a bad injury himself and hasn't looked the same for me.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Agreed, he has looked far from his old self. Especially the Wednesday play off game, but teams do try and crowd him out. I always thought he was best off the bench, but I'm changing my mind as if teams wish to adapt that mentality then it offers other options on the pitch.

Think all our wide players have peaks, thought knockaert was amazing, went off the boil for a few games, then came back better.
Also Murphy, thought he was brilliant then lost his place (reportedly due to a niggly injury), but like LuaLua hasnt bounced back... Yet! Next season shampton!

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
How long are half season loans assumingly transfer window to transfer window?

A half season loan would need to be completed before the end of the Summer window (normally last day of August) and would end at the start of the January window. Or be completed by the end of the January window and run till the end of the season (in reality this is the end of June, hence why the likes of JFC, Ince and O'Grady weren't able to play in the play offs for us).

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Also Murphy, thought he was brilliant then lost his place (reportedly due to a niggly injury), but like LuaLua hasnt bounced back... Yet! Next season shampton!

The Argus confirms today that on Tuesday Murphy had "a straightforward hernia op".

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here