Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Solly March

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Havent we got sufficient cover with wide men? I would think if any one was considered for a loan when Solly is back to full steam it would be Lua Lua who seems to have not looked up to the mark when appearing last season but who knows what a good pre season will do.

And there's Elvis :whistle:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
oh sorry, I TOTALLY MISUNDERSTOOD

Me too!
But anyway there are no half season loans next season. It's all or nothing so no chance that either he will go out or that we will bring in short term cover.
I presume the dates for full season loans will coincide with the summer transfer window.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Me too!
But anyway there are no half season loans next season. It's all or nothing so no chance that either he will go out or that we will bring in short term cover.
I presume the dates for full season loans will coincide with the summer transfer window.
There are half and full season loans next year.

There are no 93 day loans, or any loan windows.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Me too!

I think there are half season loans - just no "emergency" loans

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If it's all to much for him, Solly could always fill in at left back.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Havent we got sufficient cover with wide men? I would think if any one was considered for a loan when Solly is back to full steam it would be Lua Lua who seems to have not looked up to the mark when appearing last season but who knows what a good pre season will do.

I meant us sign someone on loan BG

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I realise you are taking the p..s and trying hard unsuccessfully, to be clever but his defensive play isnt good enough plus I would expect CH to replace Chicksen with a left back he rates.
How is it everyone on NSC can see the 'joke' except you?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
I think there are half season loans - just no "emergency" loans

You're right of course.
I think a player on loan can also return to the parent club and play (during the period of the loan) as long as it's at below first team level which means all is not lost if the loan move doesn't work out. - good for young DS types dropping down a level

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
If it's all to much for him, Solly could always fill in at left back.

Joking aside, Kaz's early season performances when he showed much better defensive discipline, did make me wonder if he had the potential to convert to full back and not just as emergency cover.
I remember Odubajo absolutely killing us an out and out winger for Brentford a couple of years back then lo and behold he pops up as a very passable full back for Hull. I know he had the advantage that he started out as a fullback with Orient but can't help thinking Kaz has similar attributes and the ability to learn the role. Worth trying in pre-season maybe?

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
As has been said do we not have sufficient cover in the wide positions? Surely it will be Solly that needs to games so in an ideal world we could have sent him out for a month but that is no longer possible.

We have 3 out-and-out wingers, one of whom is a bit injury prone and blows hot and cold (even more so than most wingers).

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
It's not mentioned on here often, but I'm pretty sure Solly said a while back he eventually wants to play in central midfield. I actually think the number ten Baldock role would be great for him.

It isn't hard to envisage - it where Oscar played him!

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
He was arguably our best player before the injury and one of those with the biggest potential for improvement.

I've not seen many players 'click' before your eyes as Solly did at home to Cardiff. Prior to the Cardiff game I thought his decision making had been indecisive, he didn't seem to want to take his man on, his shooting looked like Toblerone sponsored his boots. He didn't start that first half particularly well, but second half he took them apart. He was transformed in that game. Whatever happened from then on his shots were on target from everywhere, he was stripping fullbacks for fun. We saw a young man who may or may not make it suddenly look the real deal. His injury was the one we felt the most as we got into December.

March and Knocky in the midfield is mouth watering.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I've not seen many players 'click' before your eyes as Solly did at home to Cardiff. Prior to the Cardiff game I thought his decision making had been indecisive, he didn't seem to want to take his man on, his shooting looked like Toblerone sponsored his boots. He didn't start that first half particularly well, but second half he took them apart. He was transformed in that game.
Yep. I wasn't happy with him first half, then suddenly he was amazing.

He was probably good in training too, so we're all shaking our heads, but the manager gets to see what they're capable of.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
He was outstanding in this game , listen at around 4.05 , sooner he is fit and back , the better .

[yt]eVp_RyfDFMU[/yt]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here