Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Solly march

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
I've been critical in the past and his start in this game had me shaking my head but second half he was impressive - hats off Solly - keep it up.

Brighton TID

Jul 24, 2005
Horsham
Managed to get both fullbacks booked for fouls against him in the first half, so he must have done something right in the first 45 minutes! The second half could have been his best in a Brighton shirt.

Ex Man Utd full back Fabio had to be switched to the opposite flank because Solly had torn him a brand new arse hole

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Best I've seen him play in ages...don't agree he was rubbish first half...first 15 mins he was average but then the whole side seemed to start slowly (unusual for us this season)......from the moment he had a bit of a tussle with one of there players just outside our penalty box he seemed to grow in confidence ..excellent second half with that one blemish (?) breaking away beating players ..almost on top of the goal and then ..fell over? not sure what happened there...but anyway to me his took his opportunity today and hopefully he can now follow it up.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Woeful first half but a revelation in the second. Hopefully this kicks on to a more consistent performance in future matches. Finally, he started taking on his full backs and Fabio will be untwisting his blood for months to come. Good work Solly. Keep it up.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Totally impressed how he went from being bullied in the first 5 minutes to taunting the oppos with his ability. That showed real character as well as ability.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Absolute man of two halves rubbish the first and spectacular the second

Absolutely. I am on record as saying that much as I wanted him to succeed, he just did not seem good enough, and the first half seemed to prove this point. But doubtless after a roasting at half time, or perhaps just a gentle word to say you are good enough to go past your man, he was a total revelation in the second half. Confident dribbling and speed with some telling crosses. I really hope he can build on this, particularly as we are going to be lacking the two wingers for some matches.

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
Agree with most of points made.

My heart sunk when I heard he was playing but walking out at the end I was singing his praises. His biggest blip was that walk in goal attempt.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
He was a lot better than I expected him to be and looked more comfortable playing on the left. He had a good 2nd half but MOM no that had to be between Stephens & Rosenior who is a very intelligent player and hardly wastes a ball.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Solly was poor for first 20 mins, as were a few others, but he improved slightly during the 1st halh.
The turning point was 3 mins before half time when he turned Fabio inside out, won the free kick and got Fabio booked.
CH must of piled into him at half time cos he came out second half and attacked Fabio on the outside and roasted him.
Whether it was the belief that he could do it, the bollocking by CH or the fact that he knew Fabio was one bad tackle away from a red card, we will never know.
He built in confidence and had a superb second half, but never MOM.
Solly's problem IMHO is his descision making and self belief. He needs to do things immeadiately, rather than thinking about all the available choices, time he makes his choice, the moment has gone.
He also needs to belive in his ability, today seemed to highlight that fact, once he knew he could DO Fabio, he did it every time in the second half.. Confidence is everything in football.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I feel two key factors turned his performance from a 4 to a 7. The first, i would imagine, would be that half-time teamtalk in which he had to have been given both a small dose of confidence and a firm reminder that he is a dancing-footed winger and to do his stuff. The second would be that yellow card hanging over Fabio making him an increasingly nervous fullback and hating to be ran at. I found it strange that he wasn't subbed. I felt sorry for Solly with that shot cleared off of the line as a goal might well be a slight slice of decency that gives him that lasting buzz that he needs. Still, his decision-making remained frustrating at times and his awareness of teammates and their positioning is limited. I hope he finds his feet and form and matures. He's an asset, but not a match-winner...yet.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Solly was poor for first 20 mins, as were a few others, but he improved slightly during the 1st halh.
The turning point was 3 mins before half time when he turned Fabio inside out, won the free kick and got Fabio booked.
CH must of piled into him at half time cos he came out second half and attacked Fabio on the outside and roasted him.
Whether it was the belief that he could do it, the bollocking by CH or the fact that he knew Fabio was one bad tackle away from a red card, we will never know.
He built in confidence and had a superb second half, but never MOM.
Solly's problem IMHO is his descision making and self belief. He needs to do things immeadiately, rather than thinking about all the available choices, time he makes his choice, the moment has gone.
He also needs to belive in his ability, today seemed to highlight that fact, once he knew he could DO Fabio, he did it every time in the second half.. Confidence is everything in football.

Spot on.

Dreadful first half an hour, excellent second half.

Great to see him go past players on the outside, rather than cutting back. I think that comes from playing on the left hand side.

el punal

In the first ten minutes, he gave the ball away three times and I said to my son, I like Solly but he has really got to up his game.
He must have heard me, cos from about 20 minutes he was excellent

Coincidentally, I said the same thing. The whole team stepped up a gear after 20 minutes, having been very lack lustre from the kick off.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I think the chants of "He's just too good for you" when one of their players got booked for the foul on the half way line summed it up.

Absolute joy watching March doing what he does best today. Seemed to be full of confidence, which hasn't always been the case previously.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
I'm still happy to give him the benefit of the doubt as he's so young but I really hope he doesn't become another Jake Robinson.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Yup, got a couple of nervy moments out of way early and then was terrific for the rest of the game. That bit of skill he did to get round Fabio towards the end of the first half near the corner flag..

A bit of a slow burner, he seems to start off slow and then get better, I first noticed just before the Forest right back Lichaj kicked him last season. Pity his right peg isn't much cop. Fabio wasn't very good.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here