Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Solly march

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Terrible first half,I really thought that he would go off at half time . I am not sure what CH Saudi to him but he had a much better second half.

It was only the in first half of the first half that he was awful. CH wouldn't have had to Saudi much to him, except to keep going, as by the end of that half he was playing really well.

Boston28

Feb 7, 2014
I with the majority here. As good as his second half performance was in the first half I thought he played a shocker.
Think the sponsors got it right today.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Good to hear, I had him down as being too lightweight and headless chicken, good if I am wrong

Sadly I don't think you are wrong.

I'll admit that he had a better second half, but l'll buck the trend and say l thought he was absolutely woeful in the first. All too often when he needs to make a decision as to whether to pass or shootm he ends up doing neither and trips over his own feet.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Managed to get both fullbacks booked for fouls against him in the first half, so he must have done something right in the first 45 minutes! The second half could have been his best in a Brighton shirt.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Seems that whatever CH Saudi to him at half time, he should've Saudi the same thing to him last week. And to think so many, including myself, Saudi that Elvis should start!

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Thought he was unbelievably frustrating today. There was times where he had Fabio (A Brazil international & Champions League Finalist) beaten all ends up, but his decision making and final ball are atrocious. Honestly think 6 months in L1 would do him a world of good.

Feel he's in danger of becoming the next JFC at the moment. A solid young local lad who'll have a couple of poor games and be slaughtered which will dent his confidence beyond recognition.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Without wanting to sound like Brendan Rodgers, he showed great character to improve so much after a poor first 20 minutes. There were still frustrating moments but he showed that he could be a great player for us.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Poor first half, just looked like he was lacking confidence, but a magnificent second half, which for me was borderline perfection other than a couple of poor choices.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Seems that whatever CH Saudi to him at half time, he should've Saudi the same thing to him last week. And to think so many, including myself, Saudi that Elvis should start!

Loads of people I know Saudi that. But they were wrong.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
In the first ten minutes, he gave the ball away three times and I said to my son, I like Solly but he has really got to up his game.
He must have heard me, cos from about 20 minutes he was excellent
Yup, got a couple of nervy moments out of way early and then was terrific for the rest of the game. That bit of skill he did to get round Fabio towards the end of the first half near the corner flag..

Last edited:

Boring Goring

Jul 15, 2009
Goring
I thought he lacked directness and made some poor decisions in the first twenty minutes and then he seemed to loose confidence and fade further. I thought at that point, a season long loan in league 1 would suit him and fingers crossed he would come back with a stronger upper body and a more resilient mental approach. What a difference in the second half, he refused to be bullied off the ball, and won some impressive physical exchanges and his direct raiding down the left was an absolute revelation. If he can start the next game the way he finished this one I will be very very happy.

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
Very poor 1st half, brilliant in the 2nd.
He was lucky not to get injured with all the dirty tackles on him in the 2nd half.

J2 DOG

Feb 28, 2009
Hove
Lacklustre first half, probably got a bollocking at the break.Much better 2nd half and caused them problems. Needs to be more consistant!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Talking of wingers:-

Just how good has Nooney been for the Albion...

... since he left?

Not for the first time, it was as if Cardiff went down to 10 men, when the cheeky little scamp came on.

Dolph Ins

May 26, 2014
Mid Sussex
Saying he was poor for the first half is unfair. He was poor for about 20 mins. My neighbor had him as MOM, I had Bruno as MOM and when Stevens was announced we both said fair enough. I think it shows how good our team were today.

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
Can only echo what's already been said. In the first half I thought he was weak physically and would never make it. By the end of the game they were terrified of him. Hopefully he'll push on from here.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Saying he was poor for the first half is unfair. He was poor for about 20 mins. My neighbor had him as MOM, I had Bruno as MOM and when Stevens was announced we both said fair enough. I think it shows how good our team were today.

Yup, between you, you've got this spot on. Dunk wasn't bad either. But Stephens was our only decent player in the first 20 minutes, it wasn't just March that was poor, although he was the poorest. I still maintain that it was March's tackle and run that bucked us up and, from that moment on, our passing and intensity tore them apart. We were as good today as we were against Cardiff at home last season (apart from our finishing).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here