Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Solly March

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I don't feel that Solly performed well enough to earn any plaudits last night, but wouldn't say he played terribly either. Having seen him last weekend against Sevilla and last night, my biggest question mark about him at the moment is the quality of his delivery / final ball. Yes, he shows good pace down the wings, yes he gets into good positions, but sadly I'm not seeing anything of an end product with a final delivery in terms of service into the box / forwards. I'm hoping this is being worked on with him and that we'll see this element of his game greatly improve over the coming months.

Needs a year to improve his technique. I like Baldock playing wide with the current choices (until we can get a winger). March can beat his man better than Colunga but his final product is not quite as good. In a year it should be as good ?

surlyseagull

Aug 23, 2008
This, this and this again. His final shot wasn't up to much last night but as long as he keeps putting himself in those positions and making those runs then the goals will come. It's great when a player has the confidence to run at defences and then shoot. I want him to carry on with this.

Absolutely 100% this .This team last night showed they had confidence and will get better ,unlike last season .I would rather have a player get forward and take a chance than stop and pass it back and lose momentum .

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
If he gets game time this season he will get a stack of penalties, as long as he doesn't go looking for them

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I think if we had Will Buckley we might have won 3-0 and a fair reflection of our dominance

Will Buckley would have either been injured and not played, come off injured after an hour, returning from injury so he'd be tired , or not trying cos he wanted a move to a prem club

Harry H

Comfortably numb.
Aug 11, 2010
Will Buckley would have either been injured and not played, come off injured after an hour, returning from injury so he'd be tired , or not trying cos he wanted a move to a prem club

Too true!

We need players who want to do their best to get us to the Premiership.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
According to whoscored he was our 4th best player last night so maybe some of the criticism is a bit harsh.
According to my eyes he wasn't and I trust them more than a website

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I will add I thought he did ok apart from the same points most have raised

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
He started poorly, but got better and better. He is 21, back from a serious injury and has not played vast amounts at this level. He has talent and potential in spades. If he stays fit and the fans do not get at him, he will do very, very well for us.
I think he will be shipped out as soon as we get another wide man in.... Harper is more likely to be our benched bright young thing in the match day squad once he is fit....

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Good to see him on the wing & not in the middle where he is too weak
& nice to see some pace on the wing. I thought he did well enough
Sadly from my viewpoint, the first thing he did each time he received the ball out wide, was turn inside or back and look to lay it off. His first thought as a winger should be to take on the fullback......

surlyseagull

Aug 23, 2008
Sadly from my viewpoint, the first thing he did each time he received the ball out wide, was turn inside or back and look to lay it off. His first thought as a winger should be to take on the fullback......

Watched a different match from me old chap

Cloughie

Jun 7, 2009
He struggled for the first 10-15 minutes but was fine thereafter. He really isn't an out-and-out wide man though. Most of his best work was done when drifting into central areas. Can very useful when we shift to a 4411 playing in the number 10 probably in away games.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
No he wasn't. He made some mistakes, as you'd expect from a young player, but terrible?..nonsense. For the first time in ages we had natural width on both wings and Solly made some great runs, and delivered some good balls into dangerous areas. You do realise he's just coming back from a long-term injury also? A bit more game time and experience and he'll be a great asset this season.

This. I like the glimpses of skill we get from him. I hope we see some more.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here