Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Solly March

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I confidently predict that in 12-24 months time we'll sell Solly March for £5M+ to a Premiership club. He has so much potential. He just needs the game time to develop it to full effect. The last thing a young player needs is anyone knocking him every time he makes a mistake. Save the stick for some of our senior pros who also make mistakes but arguably should know better. Keep up the good work Solly.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
I confidently predict that in 12-24 months time we'll sell Solly March for £5M+ to a Premiership club. He has so much potential. He just needs the game time to develop it to full effect.

Haha no.

Unless he spends the next 12 months in a gym for two hours a day

Kevlar

Dec 20, 2013
would like to see him spend more time on the left wing .
see him go outside players and cross with his stronger foot.
see him make runs to the far post and meet low crosses with
first time shots with his stronger foot

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Haha no.

Unless he spends the next 12 months in a gym for two hours a day

OK. So do you want a £20 wager on this - loser makes a payment to the REMF?

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
In the first half he was tackled way too often, but tried hard and the second half was much improved. Based on last night's performance, if we get that winger we're looking to agreeably spend quite big on then I think he will lose out in the battle for second winger with Kaz, who has goals and power in him when his mind is right.

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
I don't feel that Solly performed well enough to earn any plaudits last night, but wouldn't say he played terribly either. Having seen him last weekend against Sevilla and last night, my biggest question mark about him at the moment is the quality of his delivery / final ball. Yes, he shows good pace down the wings, yes he gets into good positions, but sadly I'm not seeing anything of an end product with a final delivery in terms of service into the box / forwards. I'm hoping this is being worked on with him and that we'll see this element of his game greatly improve over the coming months.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
If Solly can work on his right foot and improve the same way Kaz has developed his left, he will have a good future. He did have a slow start but grew into the game. All he needs to do is stay injury free and get as many games as he can under his belt.

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex
He's a local lad with bags of potential. What's not to like? I'm delighted to have him as one of four wingers. Wide men always pick up injuries and go in and out of form. He'll get plenty of games this season. I'm looking forward to watching him develop.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
He's a local lad with bags of potential. What's not to like? I'm delighted to have him as one of four wingers. Wide men always pick up injuries and go in and out of form. He'll get plenty of games this season. I'm looking forward to watching him develop.

This is very much it. He is a promising squad player who will get plenty of game time and contribute. It also needs to be borne in mind that Forest should be in upper half of the division this season and were not the easiest of opponents.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I thought he played well and was a threat. He looked quite sore at the end though. He'll get more robust as he gets older/plays more games.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Really? He was terrible.

I don't agree that he was 'terrible', but he is too lightweight, needs to toughen up a bit. He ran into too many blind alleys, and was knocked off the ball too easily. At critical times too, he tended to take the wrong option.

Hopefully given a run of games, and he will improve.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I confidently predict that in 12-24 months time we'll sell Solly March for £5M+ to a Premiership club. He has so much potential. He just needs the game time to develop it to full effect. The last thing a young player needs is anyone knocking him every time he makes a mistake. Save the stick for some of our senior pros who also make mistakes but arguably should know better. Keep up the good work Solly.

Remind me to reply to this post again in 12-24 months time, because I'm sorry, but I think your are wrong. A Premier League club won't part with anything like that kind of money for him.

albionite

May 20, 2009
Thought he had a pretty good game, ok he was lacking a little when in front of goal but that will come with confidence.

Kevlar

Dec 20, 2013
it really is a shame that so many fans harshest criticism is reserved to young players
who have come through our own youth set up

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here