Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Solly March Tonight

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
I thought he did well tonight overall, and I quite like him.
But when you compare him to Lamptey, he's pretty average.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
For all the talk about needing a striker, our best chance fell to a centre back. I mean how on earth did Dunk miss that?

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Thought he played well. No one to aim at when he does cross the ball.

seagulls99

Feb 10, 2012
For all the talk about needing a striker, our best chance fell to a centre back. I mean how on earth did Dunk miss that?

Very true but then you ask me which player I went that chance to fall to? I choose Dunk every time. You win some, you lose some.

We’ve must be more clinical against the stronger opposition though

larus

I know it’s not fashionable with many, but I thought he had a good game and will be a regular under Potter IMO. Not saying he’ll start every week, but he works very hard, solid defensively and does enough going forward. If he was skinning players with ease and putting in superb crosses all the time, he wouldn’t be with us.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Thought Solly was our second best player tonight, after Little Lamptey, obviously.

I also thought you could see his confidence grow when he went past the 2 Chelsea players in the beginning of the second half.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
He did alright but didn’t have the confidence to attack enough. He’s always a 6/7 out of 10 for me. We def need another LWB to give competition as Potter doesn’t seem to rate Bernardo.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I know it’s not fashionable with many, but I thought he had a good game and will be a regular under Potter IMO. Not saying he’ll start every week, but he works very hard, solid defensively and does enough going forward. If he was skinning players with ease and putting in superb crosses all the time, he wouldn’t be with us.
Liking Solly March is like voting Tory. The minority of people who don't like him shout very very loudly about it, but most of us are quietly happy when he gets picked every week.

KoreanSeagull

Dec 1, 2019
Not North
Sollyd performance tonight.

Think he'll be a regular this season and not let us down.

Hope he gets involved in the goals more often though.

나의 LGM-G600L 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Written 2 minutes too early on another thread:-

March's main problem is Lamptey on t'other side.

It seems somewhat unlikely the Albion can 'discover' a LWB that won't be overshadowed by our RLB.

I found Solly as entertaining as I did frustrating, so no great change there.
Would love to now see an identical performance v Newcastle.

A foothold to believe in.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea

Quite . . . . I'm shit at headers, but it just needed heading . . . .

Duffy would have taken the keepers teeth out with that.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Solly looked solid, but we desperately need quality up top.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Thought he played well. No one to aim at when he does cross the ball.

This. Both March and Lamptey cannot hold the ball forever and so are forced into making a cross that, I imagine, neither would choose to make, just because we lack the attacking players making space in goal scoring positions.

To me it seems a tactical mismatch between having wingers/wingbacks who can make a run into the corner, beat their man and (generally) make a cross, and then not having anyone in a viable position.

Natural, instinctive, goal scorer required before *another* window shuts leaving us with a dearth of goal scoring options.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Picasso's Guernica is pretty average when compared to Lamptey.
It's horses for courses really. Lamptey falls short when trying to express the pain, chaos and anguish of civil war. Yet Guernica really struggles to beat a couple and put a ball into the danger area.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Liking Solly March is like voting Tory. The minority of people who don't like him shout very very loudly about it, but most of us are quietly happy when he gets picked every week.

Love this :lolol: :lolol:

Jimmy Grimble

What a bizarre analogy :lolol:

Don’t think I’ve ever seen someone compare liking a footballer to voting for a political party.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here