Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Solly March Tonight

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Written 2 minutes too early on another thread:-

March's main problem is Lamptey on t'other side.

It seems somewhat unlikely the Albion can 'discover' a LWB that won't be overshadowed by our RLB.

I found Solly as entertaining as I did frustrating, so no great change there.
Would love to now see an identical performance v Newcastle.

A foothold to believe in.

Great post.

Pleased for Solly, just a little more belief and he won’t be miles behind Lamptey

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Thread's about solly.

Nobody on the telly was bothered - a decent player in a decent side had a decent game....nothing to see here.

I suspect some feel he's not up to it because he's local. If he's local he's shit like us....

Time we gave our heads a wobble.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
It's horses for courses really. Lamptey falls short when trying to express the pain, chaos and anguish of civil war. Yet Guernica really struggles to beat a couple and put a ball into the danger area.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

They do both ‘bomb on’ though

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Agreed, I thought he was excellent tonight.

Did not stop running up and down that line all game, defended well against world class players and was a threat going forward with a couple of good balls in that could have led to goals. Yes he could do better with a couple of his other final balls but with March, as always, it's about confidence and the more experience he gets in that role, the more confidence he will get and the better the quality of his final ball.

That position is his as far as I'm concerned, we need to focus and spend the money on an attacker.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I think Reece James is one of the best 5 or 6 right backs in the Prem, so given he was kept quiet down the right while Solly got into good positions and delivered a decent cross for Connolly I'd say Solly did OK. He's not the reason we lost that match.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
People moaning about Solly need to get a grip. What do people want him to do exactly?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
A decent performance from a decent player.

Hopefully the naysayers will have seen the moment when he took on and beat 2 defenders, using skill, speed and strength.
Then we can put the "lightweight and never takes on his man" comments to bed, for good.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
People moaning about Solly need to get a grip. What do people want him to do exactly?

Read the previous comments. The comparison to Lamptey is his problem. It’s a perfectly reasonable point of view that in order to strengthen, we need the same quality on the left as we do on the right.

He had a good game tonight.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
It's horses for courses really. Lamptey falls short when trying to express the pain, chaos and anguish of civil war. Yet Guernica really struggles to beat a couple and put a ball into the danger area.

Whereas Christ on the Cross Between the Two Thieves by Rubens picks out Jesus in a crowded area, on the end of a dangerous cross.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Read the previous comments. The comparison to Lamptey is his problem. It’s a perfectly reasonable point of view that in order to strengthen, we need the same quality on the left as we do on the right.

He had a good game tonight.

I agree that the comparison is the problem, but I dont think its a problem that he isnt as good as Lamptey is. Its not very reasonable to expect that the club should be able to find a left back of the same quality since Lamptey is already a top, top class player.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Solly's running stats are not usually the highest in the team but I think tonight they must have been one of his highest ever. I thought he played well.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Solly's running stats are not usually the highest in the team but I think tonight they must have been one of his highest ever. I thought he played well.

Yep- he looked like a player saying ‘I’m keeping this shirt’. We could definitely do a lot worse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Maupay in a goal scoring position March blasts the ball at him, ran a lot but again the end product is sadly lacking. If only he would look up and a quick assessment before crossing and we might have a player.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Maupay in a goal scoring position March blasts the ball at him, ran a lot but again the end product is sadly lacking. If only he would look up and a quick assessment before crossing and we might have a player.

Oh do **** off.

cheesy77

Feb 18, 2009
Couldn't disagree more.

Firstly if you're talking about the chance I think you are, then it was created out of nothing by Solly's skill, and it was Connolly not Maupay on the end of it.

And if you actually watch him play, you can quite clearly see him looking up before crossing a ball. And he put in some decent balls tonight.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here