Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Solly March - sings new contract June 2024

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Confidence is what Solly lacks most of all, his head goes down far too often, someone needs to put an arm around him and tell him that he CAN beat that defender and cross a ball.

He may well still look like a little boy, but he is a man now, and needs to show it.

Absolutely this.

The only thing (in my opinion) Solly lacks, is swagger and confidence.

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
Says potter used him less the hughton did ? Says it all not enough decent crosses
Not enough beating of the last man
And goals ?
Not good enough never had been we need to go to the next level if we want top half

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
I don't think he's very good but if he gets a consistent run of games at left wing back we might see the best of him. I thought he had his best spell in the Premier League in the first 10 or so games of our first season at this level. He looked like he had simplified his game completely - just deliver the ball as often as he can and let Murray do the rest. I've been disappointed with him since then and the excusemerchants have had to come up with a lot of them to justify why he gets in the team in a variety of positions.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Solly has not fulfilled his potential yet. Still time. Hope he gets there but this season is pivotal. He’s got to improve his crossing and beat a man more. Be great to see him rip the mick out of defenders like he did in the Champ.

OvingdeanSeagull

Jul 8, 2012
Ovingdean
I think we all believe that there's a good player in there somewhere, because we have seen evidence of it - that stunning goal in the friendly against Norwich, the game-turning substitute appearance at Birmingham, that low cross for Muzza's brilliant flicked goal against Manchester United. But we haven't seen it often enough.

Don't forget, though, that he had a bad injury (ruptured ACL) in 2015 and that has to be at the back of a player's mind. Perhaps he needs to have a DVD of his greatest moments played to him over and over again to remind himself what he is capable of.

This says it all to me. When thinking back on Solly's rare glipses of magic, you have to refer back to a goal he scored in a friendly against Norwich in 2013. He had great potential but I'm not convinced he's got any better since he was about 19/20. I don't mind him at LWB but as a forward player he is about as useless as you can find in the Premier League. I would be very concerned if he was to regularly make the starting 11 next season.

Jimmy Grimble

Imagine how different this thread (and the other times he’s brought up) would be if he didn’t miss that chance against Palace last season.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
We don't score enough goals and Solly is part of that problem. Two goals in 90 matches speaks for itself.
Trossard has produce more than Solly in just one season.
I keep waiting for March to reach his potential as it hasn't happened yet and not likely to.

FF1

Aug 28, 2019
Player stats should only be compared to players in the same position. For example, you can't or shouldn't compare % of completed passes of Dunk with Maupay. Of course, Dunk's percentages are much better but it does not mean that he is a better passer because he has plenty of time to pass back and forth with Webster, while obviously Maupay won't have that much time to pass back and forth with Connolly. Given that March has played pretty much every position last year except maybe goalie, his season long stats are pretty much useless. Even comparing the stat of players in the same position requires plenty of caveats. For example, Montoya and Schelotto, were both playing right back last season, but Montoya was used when we needed a solid defender and Schelotto was used when we needed a more adventurous defender. Obviously, these two players are going to produce different stats.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Career defining season for him. Good season and he might nail down the LWB spot fo rthe forseeable future, bad season and he might have to move on.

Jimmy Grimble

Solly March

Career defining season for him. Good season and he might nail down the LWB spot fo rthe forseeable future, bad season and he might have to move on.

The one thing I’m fairly certain of with March is that he will not move on - unless he wants to - for a few years yet.

A HGP willing to be an experienced, versatile and dependable back-up? Be silly to move him on.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
The one thing I’m fairly certain of with March is that he will not move on - unless he wants to - for a few years yet.

A HGP willing to be an experienced, versatile and dependable back-up? Be silly to move him on.

If he is willing to accept that, then no problem.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The lad is a jigsaw nobody can put together.

He's a delicious cake as the cupboard and fridge are being emptied of the finest ingredients.

He's a bicycle waiting for it's wheels and chainset.

I'm amazed GPott hasn't made an amazing jigsaw of a bicycle made of cake out of the boy. (too much).

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Must be frustrating to be a coach or a manager of a player like Solly.

Bags of ability, technically sound, defensively good.

However he just hasn’t pushed on..... every time he has had a good performance and you think he has turned the corner he follows it up with some poor performances and lands up out of the side again.

Was excellent when he came on against Wet Sham away last season and helped transform the game and then after forcing his way into the side he let it slip again.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Confidence is what Solly lacks most of all, his head goes down far too often, someone needs to put an arm around him and tell him that he CAN beat that defender and cross a ball.

He may well still look like a little boy, but he is a man now, and needs to show it.

Let's hope he never reads NSC if he's in serch of a comforting arm around his shoulders

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Surely two weeks of Billy shouting “Do him Solly” in both offensive and defensive situations will help the young man.

Agree confidence is key

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
To those saying he hasn't fulfilled his potential.

He's a home grown player who has broken into the first team and then stayed there after we got promoted to the premier League. What on earth do you want?

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
To those saying he hasn't fulfilled his potential.

He's a home grown player who has broken into the first team and then stayed there after we got promoted to the premier League. What on earth do you want?

Well said

Solly seems to be the latest of the targets .

Doing well , a local kid holding his own in the premier league .

Can play lots of positions and doesn’t generally let anyone down

Important squad player . Would miss him if he was gone .

I like solly

*** plus he has his own song and with Murray gone we don’t have many of those left

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here