Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Solly March, local lad and Premier League star, is f***ing brilliant

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Don't care how well he plays otherwise. Pointless having a man on there who can't deliver a corner beyond the first man and will never put the ball in the net. The fans and the rest of the team deserve better.

Prove me wrong sully!
Errrrrmm.....

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
De Zerbi is the only Albion manager that I have seen clearly improves players. Under Potter March played RW LW LWB and even LB. Mitoma was also played RW and many times left out.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
On the odd occasion when I get chatting to opposing fans on the way to, away from a game, whenever the topic of Solly March comes up, they invariably sing his praises and compliment us on him.

No idea why he was ever a Marmite player for us.
You need to be fair here,... his end product has always been 'iffy'..... he was just starting to improve under Potter I think it was and he got crocked, he came back slower and seemingly reluctant to take anyone on, always just stopping and passing backwards or sideways.... BUT.... RDZ seems to have got him playing to his strengths, he does still have bursts of speed and an eye for goal.... long may it continue.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
In all honesty his first half was poor, didn't look confident at all
Agreed, as I posted similar on the match day thread at HT but ended up looking a mug. Very happy to do so as well :smile:

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
You need to be fair here,... his end product has always been 'iffy'..... he was just starting to improve under Potter I think it was and he got crocked, he came back slower and seemingly reluctant to take anyone on, always just stopping and passing backwards or sideways.... BUT.... RDZ seems to have got him playing to his strengths, he does still have bursts of speed and an eye for goal.... long may it continue.

He does generally lack composure in front of goal. The longer he has to pick his spot the more the doubt seems to set in. When he has to take the shot instinctively he's always been much better, and I think that really showed yesterday - two incredible, instinctive finishes.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I have said this countless times before.

His end product has never been iffy.
The playing style under Hughton and Potter just didn't highlight his strengths.

He had his attacking intent coached out of him in the first 2 seasons in the Prem.
Then Potter's painfully slow build up and lack of players in the box, made his wing play far less valuable.

RDZ's fast attacking style, is finally showcasing, the talent he always had.

RDZ highlighted March as one of our most important players, days after he signed for us.
That wasn't because he had no end product.

Finally having a manager who wants him to play to his strengths is the difference.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
He is fulfilling the potential that was always there. That run of matches in the Championship including the appearance at Birmingham (as a sub?) before that bad injury. Brighton fans shouldn’t be surprised at his ability. He has been consistently under rated because we have risen through the leagues and people want shiny new players at every step up.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Was I right in thinking that i heard March saying RDZ has set a target of 15 goals this season?

Sounded ridiculous when I heard it.
I thought it was 20!

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Interesting to see that Southgate was in attendance yesterday and his thoughts but i simply can't see Solly taking his club form to the England set-up as clearly two different styles of play. I just think that Southgate would stifle him ?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Interesting to see that Southgate was in attendance yesterday and his thoughts but i simply can't see Solly taking his club form to the England set-up as clearly two different styles of play. I just think that Southgate would stifle him ?

England are so stacked in that position I just can’t see it

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here