Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Solly March, local lad and Premier League star, is f***ing brilliant

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
How this thread has turned around!
Same old same old.

Solly was never as shite as his attackers made out.
Solly was never as good as his defenders made out.

The rest writes itself.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
It really is Solly’s March

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
It’ll always sit uncomfortably with me just how much they all earn but if any one does this boy deserves it…. I hope he never read any of the crap written about him (me included) on here…. He’s a local lad we can all be very very proud of. He’s got two lovely little girls and a beautiful wife as well.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Same old same old.

Solly was never as shite as his attackers made out.
Solly was never as good as his defenders made out.

The rest writes itself.
I think you’re bang wrong there, to be honest.

I’ve been one of Solly March’s most vociferous ‘defenders’ over the years, both on here, and at the Amex, and this season he’s proven even the likes of me were UNDER-RATING him. He is every bit and more ‘as good as his defenders made out’.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Fully deserved for Solly. Continuity for the side. Local connection for fans.

It's all good.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

I’ve been one of Solly March’s most vociferous ‘defenders’ over the years, both on here, and at the Amex, and this season he’s proven even the likes of me were UNDER-RATING him. He is every bit and more ‘as good as his defenders made out’.
He’s been loved/rated on nsc and at games for years. Huge support far outweighing the people who posted on nsc ten minutes into games on how lower league he was.

I sometimes mention the anecdote where on nsc he’d faced a week of the usual 20 suspects slagging him off. Giving the false impression of a Marmite player. Then on the Saturday he ran down the line to warm up and en masse thousands stood to warmly applaud him and chant his song.

He was an effective EPL player, great defensively, linking play and driving us forward. He’s evolved into an outstanding EPL star.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

I just never saw the top top quality he is producing now…. And we forget that bastard injury he had

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I just never saw the top top quality he is producing now…. And we forget that bastard injury he had
Two bastard injuries. Both ACLs have been repaired. I was there at Derby when their fans booed him whilst he was being stretchered off (and Calde having his broken nose treated) for his first ACL injury.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
It was always all about the confidence with Solly. Pre-RDZ, his instinct was always to do absolutely anything other than take a shot on goal. What a difference now!

Loadicus Trux

Jan 12, 2012
Congratulations Solly, I'm delighted for you. I always felt there was a player in there, it wasn't until you believed it yourself, that you climbed to where you are now. Onwards and upwards.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It was always all about the confidence with Solly. Pre-RDZ, his instinct was always to do absolutely anything other than take a shot on goal. What a difference now!
He scored the winning goal against Wigan to get us promoted, and he came on as a sub at Birmingham, when we were 1-0 down. We won 2-1 as he was a game changer.
He scored a worldly for England U21s.
Being played out of position hasn’t helped him in the past.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

I’ve been one of Solly March’s most vociferous ‘defenders’ over the years, both on here, and at the Amex, and this season he’s proven even the likes of me were UNDER-RATING him. He is every bit and more ‘as good as his defenders made out'.
I don't believe we're at opposite ends of this.

11 years in the making.
That's a long time to be foreseeing the last 3 months, in the RDZ era.

He was oversold, by some here, due to the one thing I'm sure we can agree.
That being, the negativity dished out was stupid, pathetic, uncalled for and said a lot more about those running their mouths.
The original thread title stood as an embarrassing monument to that, for far too long.

Those defending Solly were right to do so, but it was never a case because of some Sollysance was just around the corner, it was because he's never been 'f**king useless'.

I don't feel even his staunches allies were doing so thinking this complete dominating package was going to happen.
Every reader was being told it was happening right then, because the negativity was so outrageous and those grinding axes were to stupid to see it.
(As said pretty standard for NSC discourse)

For my part, hopefully, I was #TeamILikeSollyBut, sure that 'but' would have expressed itself in a lack of goals, with a fair few dollops of frustration.

Maybe Im just projecting here, as I just cannot see a moment in time when I thought Solly was capable of this now.
That's not dismissing Solly just a way of expressing the level he's currently at, irrespective of all his goals.
He's currently doing what he did once a month, every 10 minutes, it's a phenomenal turn about.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here