Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Solly March, local lad and Premier League star, is f***ing brilliant

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I wonder if Solly is making one last attempt to get an England cap or just has a insatiable desire to play with the Albion in Europe?
Something is certainly burning strong within.
Keep it going lad, you're special to us all.
If you listen to Lallana he will tell you it’s RDZ that makes every player feel like a million dollars constantly pushing you in the right way to excel. On the plane back from away games RDZ goes from player to player telling them how to improve all in a positive way. Jason Steele is another example a bang average keeper happy to take part in training for a few quid every week now playing incredibly well as 1st choice keeper for a top ten PL side.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Southgate will still pick someone kicking about for some lower placed team

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Have we ever seen a player kick on so much under a new manager?! The only one that springs to mind is Adam El-Abd under Poyet. A phenomenal transformation. In a lot of ways, his exclusion from the England squad later will be more baffling than all the times Dunk has been overlooked. Only Rashford & Haaland have more Premier League goals in 2023.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
When I see Solly's transformation I wonder just how many other players are out there just waiting for the right coach to make them world beaters.
Right coach, right team mates, right frame of mind, confidence and belief. I don’t think it’s a transformation as such, his all round game and contribution has always been good, he’s just hit 28, peak physical and mental ability for a footballer, and now he believes he’s going to score when he gets a chance. Long may it continue.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Transformation is the correct word to describe his performance level now. He was a perennial waster, passes sideways and backwards, rarely taking on his man, rarely getting a cross or corner into danger areas... goal misses a key feature....... but..... all forgotten this season, he looks stronger and more confident... job done RDZ. Only problem might be that he could get poached.... not necessarily a top 4 team, but a team that will double his wages possibly.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Transformation is the correct word to describe his performance level now. He was a perennial waster, passes sideways and backwards, rarely taking on his man, rarely getting a cross or corner into danger areas... goal misses a key feature....... but..... all forgotten this season, he looks stronger and more confident... job done RDZ. Only problem might be that he could get poached.... not necessarily a top 4 team, but a team that will double his wages possibly.
Solly is perceived a bit like Gross. When things aren't going well, when there is little movement around them, they can look a bit ponderous, sometimes wasteful. Both of them however, when the team dynamic around them is full of confidence and rapid movement shine because they have always had that quality. Solly has undoubtedly gained a huge amount of belief in front of goal, but managers throughout his career here have believed in him, the quality has been there, what he appears to have now is that confidence and belief and a team around him to make it happen.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Very telling that when I'm reading tweets along the lines of "Who would you like to see Southgate pick in the England squad?", lots of fans of other clubs are now suggesting Solly.

Always knew he was a superb technical footballer. It just took somebody to activate Confidence Mode inside his head. He was one of our best for pretty much all of 2022, but he's kicked on massively under RdZ. It's fantastic to see how he's playing currently.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Very telling that when I'm reading tweets along the lines of "Who would you like to see Southgate pick in the England squad?", lots of fans of other clubs are now suggesting Solly.

Always knew he was a superb technical footballer. It just took somebody to activate Confidence Mode inside his head. He was one of our best for pretty much all of 2022, but he's kicked on massively under RdZ. It's fantastic to see how he's playing currently.
My choice for player of the season at this point

Peppermint Tea

Aug 31, 2007
Outstanding season from our Solly. Last night’s goal rather epitomised where’s he’s at for me: total belief in himself, no hesitation, great technique and - boom - goal. Up until this season he always looked like he questioned himself, especially when just about to shoot…you could kind of see him asking himself “should I?”. None of those self-doubts now. Seemingly a lovely bloke too, v happy for him. Expect Southgate will now pick Ashley Young and some other clogger over him though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here