Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Solly March, local lad and Premier League star, is f***ing brilliant

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Best player on the pitch on Saturday. A flawless display apart from that corner which was shocking but so lols it's hard to criticise.
I have to say that corner was a classic. Everyone up in the box. Away fans excited , only to see it dribble behind the goal on about the third bounce. I loved the way Solly examined his boots afterwards.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
That corner just epitomises Solly, brilliant but can miss or make a howler.🤣🤣
….and plenty of chuckles about it on his thread……unlike poor old Rob down the other end who is a ‘moron’ and we need to ‘get rid’ for his single error in the game. Who’d be a keeper eh ? :lolol:

Interesting to see where his he is now vs others in the division

Last edited:

medwayseagull reborn

Oct 12, 2022
I have to say that corner was a classic. Everyone up in the box. Away fans excited , only to see it dribble behind the goal on about the third bounce. I loved the way Solly examined his boots afterwards.
He has made a habit of examining his boots or the grass after any mistake.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
….and plenty of chuckles about it on his thread……unlike poor old Rob down the other end who is a ‘moron’ and we need to ‘get rid’ for his single error in the game. Who’d be a keeper eh ? :lolol:

The Grealish numbers would include his multiple dives per game in dangerous locations and cheating pens :lolol:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I've always liked Solly and yes, he's missed some sitters but he always gives 100%. He has improved since Roberto came and is showing he is very much a top Premier league player.
He had one major flaw to his game. RDZ fixed what Potter and Hughton couldn’t. With goals added, he is now very much a top 6 EPL player.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Solly himself is quoted as saying he plays best when he is played consistently in the same position. So it seems Potter’s chopping and changing really didn’t suit him.

This. Potter would use Solly as a utility player, sometimes changing his position 2 or 4x during a game.

RDZ has put him out on the right wing so made him more confident in that position and given him full license to run at the oppo.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
People will disagree with me, as they have all along - but personally, I would say the difference between the form since Southampton away and before is that there's an end product most of the time now. Beforehand, he would go on mazy runs and be threatening right up until the final ball or having to produce something. In my opinion, that's where his game fell apart. But there's no argument to be made that's the case of late, he's been incredibly sharp and delivering final product again and again and again.

There's only so much he can do in terms of assists, he put in a couple of cracking balls against Bournemouth which on another day would be converted - it's not his fault they weren't on the day. People will point to examples earlier in the season where he put in decent deliveries which weren't profited from but the difference for me, and I might be wrong/blinkered, is that in every game he's directly contributing to our attack and our increased output of goals.

I said in another thread and I'll say it again now, the criticism of Brighton has always been that we play lovely football but don't score enough goals - nobody is saying that any more.
Many of us pointed out that the issue Solly always had with assists, was that there was rarely anyone to cross to.
Pre-De Zerbi there were always so few options in the box.
Solly always had the ability, but the tactics didn't suit his best attributes,

Solly did not like to waste possession. If there was nothing on, he looked for options.
This was always perceived as lacking confidence. I suspect it was more manager's instruction from Hughts and Potter.

De Zerbi has given him freedom to have a shot, when nothing else is on.
Potter was seemingly opposed to that.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
This will be THE test of whether Southgate is fair and open minded.

Solly offers everything at this moment, shirley a dream for an international manager.
yep, if he's in the next squad I'm happy to sit back and say that Mr waistcoat is less stubborn than I thought. He won't be though, and it is absolutely because of who he plays for. There is no other conceivable reason.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Does Southgate’s car refuse to drive south of Norwood or the Rat-infested training ground at Beckenham?
Gibbs-White cost £40m though so must be good 🤐

I know they don't exactly play in the same position but FFS, Gibbs-White is shite, Solly would do a better job in midfield than him and provide cover on the wings and at full back.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA

Is the word "rid" in the dictionary, any dictionary?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Is the word "rid" in the dictionary, any dictionary?
C62F4E80-0828-4A32-A435-28D5A05CD41A.png

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
Southgate won't choose Solly because...well, he just won't because he doesn't do that kind of thing anf he's a dunce. However, I do believe it would be a bad thing for our Solly anyway. Do we really want him encouraged to play that unimaginative, turgid, timid kind of shite that Southgate dishes up? It would set him back light years. Save Solly!

Dec 29, 2011
I'm not sure if it was mentioned at the time but I realised today that March has been at the club for ten years. Does that still entitle him to a testimonial?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here