[Albion] Solly March, local lad and Premier League star, is f***ing brilliant

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Don't think I've ever been happier to see an Albion player do what so many of us always thought he was capable of :bowdown:
Funny thing, I was more than happy with what he already brought our first team.

But this is wonderful.

Great to have brilliance on both wings, making it a nightmare to stop all our threats.

AlexBH

Nov 19, 2017
Ok, he’s won me over. It’s taken several years and some good performances and goals in the last couple of seasons, but I think he’s finally starting to look like he belongs at this level. Previously I thought he was bang average and a championship player at best, but I’m glad he’s proving me wrong!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Ok, he’s won me over. It’s taken several years and some good performances and goals in the last couple of seasons, but I think he’s finally starting to look like he belongs at this level. Previously I thought he was bang average and a championship player at best, but I’m glad he’s proving me wrong!
If he carries on improving, he’ll definitely be better than EFL standard. But still much work to do for lad.

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
Don't think I've ever been happier to see an Albion player do what so many of us always thought he was capable of :bowdown:
I’d hold my hands up and say I didn’t think he was capable of his current performances. I’ve always rated him as a good ‘company man’ - versatile, hard worker, solid, but never as a regular starter let alone one of our best players. I said if RDZ taught him how to shoot he really is a genius. Well…

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I’d hold my hands up and say I didn’t think he was capable of his current performances. I’ve always rated him as a good ‘company man’ - versatile, hard worker, solid, but never as a regular starter let alone one of our best players. I said if RDZ taught him how to shoot he really is a genius. Well…
Perhaps new psychological work, in keeping the mind calm in the moment?

With the goal at Stains lifting the weight off his mind.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
What a legend, must have felt incredible for a Sussex lad to get a goal at Selhurst and celebrate with the Albion fans, shushing the Palace lot in the process. Magnificent performance. Love you Solly!

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
Aside from the goals he's been scoring, his all round play has been amongst the best in our side, if not the best.

He seems to have mastered taking on his marker, with the confidence he currently has.

Really unbelievable stuff from the boy we bagged from Lewes FC, becoming one of the top performers in the Premier League.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Ok, he’s won me over. It’s taken several years and some good performances and goals in the last couple of seasons, but I think he’s finally starting to look like he belongs at this level.
Belongs at which level? We were a lower level PL side and you didn't think he belonged there. Well you were right, he's better than that.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I’d hold my hands up and say I didn’t think he was capable of his current performances.
To be honest I'm not sure any of us expected him to be this good. A lot of us simply thought he was better than some others gave him credit for.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
He was utterly extraordinary today. Superb performance and the best I've ever seen from him, I think.

How does this happen?

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Such a shame we weren't able to score from his nutmeg and Mitoma-like dribble to put the ball along the face of the goal.

Jimmy Grimble

Any videos of his goal?

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
He was unlucky with the timing of his injury when he was also in a good run of form. Easily England standard performances but would Southgate ever pick him

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Such a shame we weren't able to score from his nutmeg and Mitoma-like dribble to put the ball along the face of the goal.
That was superb and shame they didn't show it on the Match of the Day highlights.

So much for Potter's emotional intelligence and supposed man management skills? It's RDZ who has got the best from Solly and got his confidence flowing which we all knew was the key.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Now fulfilling the promise he has always had and made him the most frustrating Albion player I have ever seen, when he kept under performing. Fantastic to see him full of confidence and doing what most of us knew he was capable of.

I had written him off not that long ago, loving being wrong.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports