Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Solly March, local lad and Premier League star, is f***ing brilliant

Dec 29, 2011
I'm not sure if it was mentioned at the time but I realised today that March has been at the club for ten years. Does that still entitle him to a testimonial?

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Many of us pointed out that the issue Solly always had with assists, was that there was rarely anyone to cross to.
Pre-De Zerbi there were always so few options in the box.
Solly always had the ability, but the tactics didn't suit his best attributes,

Solly did not like to waste possession. If there was nothing on, he looked for options.
This was always perceived as lacking confidence. I suspect it was more manager's instruction from Hughts and Potter.

De Zerbi has given him freedom to have a shot, when nothing else is on.
Potter was seemingly opposed to that.
I noticed that Solly is our Shootiest player so far this season: 50 shots - roughly 3 per game. He even makes first page of the PL top players list!

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
I'm not sure if it was mentioned at the time but I realised today that March has been at the club for ten years. Does that still entitle him to a testimonial?
Most clubs don’t do testimonials these days. It used to be for a players retirement fund.

Obviously not needed for elite players in the modern era.

Mr Phil

Nov 29, 2022
I noticed that Solly is our Shootiest player so far this season: 50 shots - roughly 3 per game. He even makes first page of the PL top players list!

Not convinced “Shootiest” is a real word but it definitely should be

Jimmy Grimble

Any other Albion player who’s done the double against them? Murray?

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Can't think of any other Premier League teams with two local lads who have been at the club for ten years and are currently playing at the top of their game.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I wonder if Solly is making one last attempt to get an England cap or just has a insatiable desire to play with the Albion in Europe?
Something is certainly burning strong within.
Keep it going lad, you're special to us all.
Whatever is burning inside, Robert lit it.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
It's ludicrous that Southgate will inevitably snub him again tomorrow, despite him being the third top scorer in the PL since the New Year, behind Haaland and Rashford, and the fact he can fill the obvious weak spots in England's side. Yet he'll pick players that have just come back from long-term injuries, out of form players and ones that don't even get a look in at club level.

As if Holland was there watching March, Dunk or Colwill tonight, he was there to watch 'why did you let it bounce?' Guehi. He used to play for Chelsea and cost them a lot of money, therefore has to be in the squad, despite not being very good.

When he does, I am renouncing England altogether until he fucks off.

Last edited:

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
To the OP and all Palace fans:-
FrSScluXsAE4jaN

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here