Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Solly March, local lad and Premier League star, is f***ing brilliant

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Good managers make players better. This is something De Zerbi has done and Potter has achieved the opposite at Chelsea.
As far as March is concerned agree it has helped he is playing in one position. In addition for first time for years he is is just as likely to go on outside of full back. Very rarely happened under Potter so must be something De Zerbi has added to his game.

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
As a new poster and fan I can say that this place is not the most welcoming. Seems to be a group that dominate here that don't like anyone with new views or new to the team. I have seen nothing from him apart from enthusiasm. Nothing wrong with that - but it does get the backs up of the old group for some reason. I would have thought old fans would be very welcoming of new ones as the team grows. But, at least here, it is not the case for the loud minority. (I would add the less dominant lot seem pretty accepting).
Surely you've met people like that in real life? You walk into a remote pub, previously seldom visited by outsiders. Suddenly something changes and the area becomes a top attraction for visitors. You walk into said pub, most locals will be hospitable, some may even buy you a pint, but there will always be that hard core of suspicious, cantankerous old geezers who hate change and resent you encroaching on their patch. They'll treat you at least with a snarly "you're not from round these paaarrrrrts, are you?", or even with just outright hostility, and these are the people you'll notice most. The rest of us are quietly indifferent to your presence, or happy to see you.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Good piece on the together podcast comparing what RDZ has done to March with what he did to Berardi at Sassoulo. In essence, their goal tallies pre-RDZ and then with-RDZ look similar. If the pattern continues, we are going to see a lot more goals from Solly.

American Seagle

Jun 14, 2022
Sure. Just as long as they are no the moderators and their moaning views against new fans are not used to make new commers feel unwelcome. They are the ones that need to change. Change is inevitable, things will always change.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Good piece on the together podcast comparing what RDZ has done to March with what he did to Berardi at Sassoulo. In essence, their goal tallies pre-RDZ and then with-RDZ look similar. If the pattern continues, we are going to see a lot more goals from Solly.
Not denying the impact RDZ has made on Solly but that isn't true. Beradi started at Sassoulo and scored hatfuls of goals as a youngster, got a move to Juve that didn't work out, went back on loan to Sass and scored hatful of goals. He had a lean couple of seasons before RDZ joined but he's always been a goalscorer. He's Sassoulos all time leading scorer.
He'd be an amazing (if unrealistic) signing.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Allegedly with 18 months left on his deal Newcastle are looking at moving for him in the summer

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Should we have a pool on when the announcement of the new contract signing happens? I'm going to say February 14th.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here