Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Solly March, local lad and Premier League star, is f***ing brilliant

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
His potential has now been realised. Along with Dunk he's also a Sussex boy and the last of the promotion team still with us and still with us for a reason. He's also going to be a one club man like Dunk too. He might not get into an all time Albion XI, but he's going to be an all time Albion great and he keeps getting better and better under RDZ. Not bad for a lad from Hailsham.

Sea Cider

Dec 27, 2012
His potential has now been realised. Along with Dunk he's also a Sussex boy and the last of the promotion team still with us and still with us for a reason. He's also going to be a one club man like Dunk too. He might not get into an all time Albion XI, but he's going to be an all time Albion great and he keeps getting better and better under RDZ. Not bad for a lad from Hailsham.
Serious question, who would get in an all time 11 ahead of him!?

I remember (probably rightly!) back in the Championship days getting roundly mocked after betting everyone that Dunk and Solly would both play for England. There's still time!!

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
All I can really do is echo the sentiments that are already here.

I don't know him personally, he doesn't know me, but I'm so proud of him, like a father to a son. I'm only two years older than him though, so let's just avoid talking about the weird hypothetical noncery.

I loved that RDZ singled him out from the start, he has clearly helped transform his mentality and give him that boost he needed. He was f***ing superb again today, playing on a level Mr 'Emotional Intelligence' could only dream of.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Solly March :bowdown: :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
All I can really do is echo the sentiments that are already here.

I don't know him personally, he doesn't know me,
but I'm so proud of him, like a father to a son. I'm only two years older than him so avoid talking about the weird hypothetical noncery.

I loved that RDZ singled him out from the start, he has clearly helped transform his mentality and give him that boost he needed. He was f***ing superb again today, playing on a level Mr Emotional Intelligence could only dream of.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
He couldn’t score for toffee, now he’s pure Quality Street.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
The turnaround from him is incredible, he's added that final piece to his game. Amazing what difference a manager can make, congratulations to him. He is absolutely on fire and must surely make the next England squad now. I didn't see it coming and I stand by my previous comments about him but he has done all his talking on the pitch and been incredible for the last month since missing that penalty. Long may he reign, forza De Zerbi for empowering him and the whole team.

And Leandro wants to leave this club?!

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Don't care how well he plays otherwise. Pointless having a man on there who can't deliver a corner beyond the first man and will never put the ball in the net. The fans and the rest of the team deserve better.

Prove me wrong sully!
Well er …. 😂

Moving on - thought Solly was brilliant today - 2 goals against Liverpool at the Amex is better that 3 goals against them away imo, given our recent history of struggling to win at home - so wherever you are Tross - nice hat trick at Anfield but sorry mate, I’ll take the home win a la Solly

Last edited:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Wrong about nothing, but glad to have given Solly the motivation needed to turn his form around.
Pathetic thread title and totally proven wrong once again - enjoy the 3 points and being totally wrong and sensationalist though mate 🤣🤦🏻‍♂️👍

HalfaSeatOn

Mar 17, 2014
North West Sussex
Not true. BDB was here and played left back a fair amount. Solly was messed about. LWB one week, right wing next, no 10 next. swapped from left wing to right at half time countless times. De Zerbi has trusted him. "You're playing right wing for me Solly. We'll create plenty of space for you, please reward me with goals because you're top, top quality".

Paraphrasing, obviously, but Solly has said almost as much himself.
I’m pretty sure that right from the off ( I nearly said ‘get go’, sh*t) RDZ said that Solly was key to the way he wanted to play. What a boost in confidence from the manager and what a response from the player. Wonderful to watch it pan out.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I’m pretty sure that right from the off ( I nearly said ‘get go’, sh*t) RDZ said that Solly was key to the way he wanted to play. What a boost in confidence from the manager and what a response from the player. Wonderful to watch it pan out.
He’d definitely singled him our before he’d even taken charge……recall him saying something in his initial press conference (as Souness indicated, he probably picked it up from a few minutes on google, definitely not a forensic analysis of all our games :laugh: )

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
He’d definitely singled him our before he’d even taken charge……recall him saying something in his initial press conference (as Souness indicated, he probably picked it up from a few minutes on google, definitely not a forensic analysis of all our games :laugh: )
Despite Paul Barber going on TalkSport and explaining how RDZ in his interview talked about most of our players individually and how he would use them and tweak their roles in his system, and in games we lost what he would have done differently etc…. 🙄

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Despite Paul Barber going on TalkSport and explaining how RDZ in his interview talked about most of our players individually and how he would use them and tweak their roles in his system, and in games we lost what he would have done differently etc…. 🙄
It was hilarious….Souness has literally no clue and did no research :laugh:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here