Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Solly March, local lad and Premier League star, is f***ing brilliant

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
It's clear Solly needed a manager who believed in him, and RdZ clearly does in spades. I always loved Solly but the kick on in recent weeks has been spectacular.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
It's clear Solly needed a manager who believed in him, and RdZ clearly does in spades. I always loved Solly but the kick on in recent weeks has been spectacular.
indeed he's like a different player like the player he always could've been

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
So happy for him, Solly March bowling down to the north stand and standing on advertising signs as he backs up what’s needed

Solly March on a hat trick, I was there
So were we.

Loved the panic in the stewards, unable to stop the happiness.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Solly has always been a great player and now he's a goal machine, all it took was a little patience :wink:

I love the posters trying to row backwards at speed on this thread :lolol:

ELknv2.gif

nealrogers

The real Swans man.
Jul 31, 2011
Hove
Some may even call it emotional intelligence
RDZ said "I have a fantastic team of fantastic players. It is an honour to work with them."

Solly said "I love playing for Roberto - he's great. He puts his arm around you and tells you you're a good player. Maybe that's what I needed."

Also the way the manager stomped on Trossard, the (positive) message that would have sent to the rest of the team.

That's what emotional intelligence looks like, Graham Potter.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
He did great as a wing back and was played there out of necessity.

We didn't have Cucurella or Pervis before who are natural and comfortable there so Solly was the one who had to play there.
Not true. BDB was here and played left back a fair amount. Solly was messed about. LWB one week, right wing next, no 10 next. swapped from left wing to right at half time countless times. De Zerbi has trusted him. "You're playing right wing for me Solly. We'll create plenty of space for you, please reward me with goals because you're top, top quality".

Paraphrasing, obviously, but Solly has said almost as much himself.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here