Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Solly March, local lad and Premier League star, is f***ing brilliant

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I've never been convinced by the "Southgate is palace so doesn't pick Brighton players" thing. I just reckon he likes Maguire.

Solly would be going I think if he had the goals output to go along with the rest of the game. Personally I love Solly, but I couldn't justify leaving someone like Saka or Rashford at home if I were the England manager as they score and Solly doesn't

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I've never been convinced by the "Southgate is palace so doesn't pick Brighton players" thing. I just reckon he likes Maguire.

Solly would be going I think if he had the goals output to go along with the rest of the game. Personally I love Solly, but I couldn't justify leaving someone like Saka or Rashford at home if I were the England manager as they score and Solly doesn't
If Southgate would considering bringing less than 12 defenders to the World Cup, there may be room for both March, Rashford and Saka..

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
Solly should absolutely be going to the world cup. Not just because he's an excellent and highly skilled player (which he obviously is) but also because he has proved his versatility and willingness to work hard and do whatever is asked of him. He may be Cururella's nightmare, but he's any manager's dream.

I also reckon he'll score soon. And once he does, there will be no stopping him.

Also - thanks for starting a thread with a title that actually reflects what any (sane) Brighton fan thinks. Hated seeing the old one re-appearing, even when it was being used for praise.

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
Jul 6, 2011
Not sure I'd want Sally to get his head turned by a month spent in the company of big 6 wage earners. If only he could qualify for Ecuador instead.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Don't think he had his best first half (other players had their time to shine) but in the second half he showed the way and worked his arse off when a few players seemed to think it'd be a simple ride to the three points.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Don't think he had his best first half (other players had their time to shine) but in the second half he showed the way and worked his arse off when a few players seemed to think it'd be a simple ride to the three points.
Agree, I don’t think he was great in the first half. Very good in the second

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

And the awful Mings. 17 caps a joke.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Just needs a goal now, it's got to come soon. 51 games since his last apparently

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
We were saying the same thing. Don't think he attempted to beat the defender once in the first half but ran rings around him in the second.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Just needs a goal now, it's got to come soon. 51 games since his last apparently
Should have had one against Newcastle and unluckily not to be given one against Leicester. Best season so far for us.

I’ve banged the Solly drum for a long time when people were calling for him to be replaced. You’d have to spend at least 20-25 million on someone so versatile and understands his role in the squad and there is no guarantee they will be even as good or offer us anything more than he already does. Long May his rich reign of form continue.

UTA

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
March, Dunk, Wellbeck, possibly Webster, all England level. Personally and selfishly I'd rather they were all sat on their arse for a few weeks keeping fit, resting muscles and minds and then champing at the bit for a restart while every team around us suffer injury and burn out.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
March, Dunk, Wellbeck, possibly Webster, all England level. Personally and selfishly I'd rather they were all sat on their arse for a few weeks keeping fit, resting muscles and minds and then champing at the bit for a restart while every team around us suffer injury and burn out.
In a completely selfish way - happy for all of those players not to go. Have a weeks holiday and then some good training with RDZ to help us push on after the WC

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here