Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Solly March, local lad and Premier League star, is f***ing brilliant

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
If you think March was bad tonight I hope you didn't see any of Lallana
Or Trossard in the second half. Or Lamptey who totally took all momentum out of the game when he had the ball

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I was conflicted. So many times, particularly in that first half, he was out wide, space to run into behind their defence and Veltman would look his way, then turn away and pass it across the pitch. I was itching for him to just play it to March while he's in such a great position.

But then everytime he got the ball I wondered what the point was because he kept making the wrong choice with it, trying to take on a man rather than pull it back, or crossing to where none of our players were etc.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Solly one of the better tonight, dislike this thread being bounced every time there’s a disappointing team performance. It’s lazy, but also untrue, to make a scapegoat of March each time. Others had far worse games IMO.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Solly one of the better tonight, dislike this thread being bounced every time there’s a disappointing team performance. It’s lazy, but also untrue, to make a scapegoat of March each time. Others had far worse games IMO.
It’s always bounced mid game by the armchair spiteful not at games.

indy3050

Jun 22, 2011
March played well tonight, not the problem. A lack of urgency to move the ball forwards quickly by everybody else was more the issue and the crowd getting more and more vocal about it as the match went on. I for one am not going to get on RDZ’s back, he needs time and I’m not even going to open Hypia mk2 thread 🤦🏻‍♂️

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If you think March was bad tonight I hope you didn't see any of Lallana
Lallana was involved in most of our slick passing in the first half and he closed down defenders. I thought he had a decent game :shrug:

March in the final third remains the most frustrating player I have ever seen in an Albion shirt. He has so much talent but seems better suited to defending than attacking.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Lallana was involved in most of our slick passing in the first half and he closed down defenders. I thought he had a decent game :shrug:

March in the final third remains the most frustrating player I have ever seen in an Albion shirt. He has so much talent but seems better suited to defending than attacking.
This is difficult to argue against.

However, you must agree that Lallana is unlikely to ever score a goal for Brighton again, the same can be said of Solly March.

Yes, these players are incredibly tactically aware and can play brilliant passing/possession football but if they are not scoring, who will? Surely, the squad is drastically short on goal scorers?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
March was our best player in the first half.
We move the ball too slowly. The back 3 and Gross being the worst culprits tonight.
I’m not arguing with your premise. But like Lallana, he is a player who may never score for the Albion again because he is so awful at shooting. We play amazing football with players like Solly in the team but when do we start to cull the players who can’t shoot-for-shit? For me, the balance is wrong. Too many ‘ballers’ but not enough ‘shooters’.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
The gaffer said after the game when asked about our lamentable failure in front of goal that "we have to be capable of taking the best decision in these situations." But too often the players want to avoid responsibility or making any sort of decision by making a safe square pass. I've come to the conclusion that we need at least one self-centred egomaniac d*ckh**d like Andone who wants to score goals more than anything rather than yet another nice polite lad who thinks football is all about clever dummies and flicks.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
March out a couple of very good balls in but no one moved, which made them look bad.

There was a free kick in the first half which was pretty perfect and none of the attackers made a single run and just stood on the edge of the box

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004

He was involved but not really achieving anything for me. Just rebounded the ball straight back to whoever passed to him while they were in the same position. Didn't take a touch, commit a defender, show any desire to get on the ball and create anything. And with the formation used he had to be trying to get into threatening positions and never seemed bothered. Trossard should have been playing in his position, and Estupinan on the left to give us some pace and width

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here