Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Solly March, local lad and Premier League star, is f***ing brilliant

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
He has to play left wing back. We're so much weaker when he's playing right wing back. It simply doesn't work is too much of a handicap to keep persisting with it. His header was one of the worst headed attempts at goal I think I've ever seen, incredibly poor. I'm sure he'll start again against Forest, regardless of his performance on Friday, and probably be his same frustrating self.
Yes, the last 8 games of last season were RUBBISH weren’t they?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Not at all, it was a dreadful miss at a terrible time for us in the game. Had he scored, other than being a minor miracle!, it would have given us a way back into a game that was slipping away from us. The first 25 minutes were pretty good but as soon as Brentford scored it was effectively game over. The team wasn't good enough, not just Solly. But Solly missed a golden chance and this thread was commenting on him doing exactly that. If that's not the content you want to read then this isn't the thread for you.
You didn't say that though did you, you said it was the worse headed chance you'd ever seen. Maybe we need a special thread for people with hyperbole disorder?

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
He never looks up when shooting at goal , which is why the ball never ends in the net , because he shoots with his head down rather than looking where the gaps are
Page 01 of any shooting manual is look at the ball while taking a shot isn't it? Are you saying he should be looking up while shooting?
main-qimg-02bbcde1ce742d2a7f6245ce28d3d38b-lq

long_shot_d.jpg

long_shot_r.jpg

RONALDO_JUVENTUS.jpg

P

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
With commentators/pundits often saying "He didn't even need to look up".
Hopefully you've had the look before you shoot, but all the coaching I've ever experienced is look at the ball while shooting. Perhaps that's why I played at centre back!?

figgis

Mar 23, 2012
Worthing
His assists and goals in 150+ appearances really sum him up.

slimes

Aug 23, 2011
cheltenham
Tottenham ... embarrassing 90 minutes
Brentford... embarrassing 90 minutes
Forest ... embarrassing 90 minutes

10/10 for being consitant

Roberto de Zerbi obviously wants to leave Brighton..

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Hopefully you've had the look before you shoot, but all the coaching I've ever experienced is look at the ball while shooting. Perhaps that's why I played at centre back!?
I've got a reasonable shot and can still kick a ball accurately , crosses and corners. . . . I've never been properly coached (honourable mention to Mel Hopkins RIP) Look at the target, look at the ball, stance, run up, nail it. How f***ing hard can it be!

It still astounds me some professional footballers can't do the basics . . . . But it would equally astound them I can count past 5, but I can't run fast for two hours at a time, waste money on bling, or play golf on a day off

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Typical Brighton game, not being able to beat the bottom of the table team. We did exactly the same against Norwich a couple of times. At least we didn’t lose.
Frustrating when we know what we can do. We’re missing Mwepu in midfield.

figgis

Mar 23, 2012
Worthing
Baffling how anyone can conclude March is the root of our problems. He was better than most tonight.
That's the thing if March is the best we have got we are ducked.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Not his best night and still made Welbeck and Tross look like they were Connollys twin brothers.

But will anyone bump or start a Trossard thread? No. Welbz? Doubt it.

Nope, some will be determined it was all Sollys fault again since he was the 6th or 7th worst Brighton player tonight... makes sense.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Yes. Solly probably our best player tonight.

Produced a terrific end product in the second half skipping past a defender and crossing it across the face of goal. Welbeck etc daydreaming at the time.

It was a wildly frustrating night, with several very poor final third performers. There are plenty of others i'd look to first though

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here