Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Solly March & Jake Forster-Caskey - England U21 call up

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Brilliant news, both deserved.

People forget how young these players are far too easily.

THe future of BHA, I want JFC,March, Ince, Dunk all playing regular next season, they will get better and better.
I'd also like Chicksen to get a fair crack of the whip, too.

Dunk and Ince would appear to be nailed on.

But the prospect of all 5 'kids' forcing their way into contention would be delicious.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
To be fair, I think Buckley was always going to start, but once we'd been forced to use a sub early for Greer's injury, the inevitable other replacements were CMS and KLL.

No reflection on Solly, or on Oscar in fact. It was just fate conspiring against us.

What I was getting at was that Buckley clearly wasnt fit.
The match co-commentator said he was really surprised Buckley was starting after his hamstring problem from the 1st leg.
And his match contribution confirmed it, in my opinion.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Nice! Wasn't expecting that, especially Solly. Congrats to both of them.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
That's because he is in the Welsh national squad.

Muppet :lolol:

LOL, My bollock drop, sorry about that, but any one with a daffodil in their garden can be selected for them:ffsparr:

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
This can't be right. Weren't half of NSC saying JFC was out of his depth only a few days back?

Well done to both of them, also to Oscar for giving them experience in most of our match day squads this season.

In fairness, March has looked okay and I haven't seen a huge amount of JFC but he was bloody awful last week, really really bad.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Both got bags of potential. Both are far from the final product though, but with our new training ground + hopefully we'll get some decent coaches in , they could both be decent Premier League players one day.

Surprised no call up for Ince though, perhaps because he hasn't been getting many games recently.

Has been pointed out several times on this thread: he's past the age cut off date for the U21s.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Great news and fully deserved, will also enhance our reputation as a club that can bring kids through.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
But Rohan IS better than JFC, so how does that make him a troll?

He's still young enough, younger than Tom Ince who is older than him.

There are a few players in that squad who can play one game- in Swansea- but who will then be left out for the Toulon tournament. Tom Ince, Zaha, Lingard & Danny Ings are those four. Rohan's birthday is round about the same time as those four, hence it was unlikely that he was going to make the squad as a long term prospect.

Although Tom Ince & Zaha have been crap this season, they'd still get a call up based on previous history. I doubt Southgate would bring in a new U21 who could only play one game before being too old, ie Rohan, unless he'd had an exceptional season like Ings.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here