Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Solly March and Lewis Dunk

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Lewis Dunk is now on a streak of 18 (eighteen) games without a yellow card, including games against Aguero, Vardy and Sanchez. Seriously impressive.

Should be shoe in for the England squad then, we lost all three of those matches. :lolol:

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat

Ah that's more like it , i would of thought if we wanted to sell Dunk in the summer window , the price in todays market would have been double of that quoted , i still can't quite get my head round the fact we had a player costing 16 million quid start for us on sunday , crazy times .

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I do wonder if they are ever going to drop this obsession with picking players just because they are at the top 6 clubs? I thought Southgate might be different with his history with the U21's but its got even more daft. Fabian Delph? Makes one start in 17 months, not in his preferred position, and picked. Harry Winks? Has he really done enough to justify being picked? If his club said anything other than Tottenham, he wouldn't be chosen. Daniel Sturridge? an understudy for over a year now, has scored 16 premier league goals in three and a bit seasons including just 3 last year. Oxlade-Chamberlain? sake...

Then the players he is picking from outside the top 6 - Jake Livermore? Playing so badly for West Brom he's been given an extended break by his manager, saying he's 'mentally tired' - how can Southgate pick him?

Meanwhile the likes of Stones - I'm not saying he shouldn't be picked, but how much defending does this guy actually have to do at Man City? He must be so out of match practice at defending.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Yes. Terrific young player with HUGE potential. Need to get him capped before Spain come back to try again.

Based on what?
Winks has started less than 10 first team football matches in his entire career. LESS than 10 matches.
He needs to be the next Bryan Robson to have been picked for England at this stage, which he. clearly isn't as he'd be in Tottenham's starting 11 by now at the age of 21.
England caps are almost worthless now.

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
While enjoying the performance of March and the imoact he can have at this level, a I do wonder if he is benefiting from being an unknown quanity in the PL.
It will be interesting to see if he can continue with his current level if performance as we play teams for a 2nd time. Will the defenders know more about his moves and weaker areas and know more about how to shut him down.

If he can continue as he is now then I would exoect a call up by England after the World Cup.

Hopefully to replace the odious Sterling.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Ah that's more like it , i would of thought if we wanted to sell Dunk in the summer window , the price in todays market would have been double of that quoted , i still can't quite get my head round the fact we had a player costing 16 million quid start for us on sunday , crazy times .

who was that? As I thought Izquierdo was our most expensive at £13.5m

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Makes you proud, doesn't it? Both looking very good in the Premier League. Who could get the England call up first? March is unquestionably looking better than the Ox at the moment...

Love the way they are both playing and hope both stay here for years but if one of them gets a call I can see it being Dunk first, there's a lot of high profile players competing for forward roles.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
He is English or not.
What was your take on "the next Gascogne" Jack Wilshire 4 years ago...?

Wilks is English, but with some Spanish ancestry, which has led to the Spanish FA taking very serious interest in his development.

Not really sure of your point, re Wilshere? FWIW he was equally promising at that age, and if not for the constant injuries, and questionable commitment, the England team would probably now be built around him, and be better for it.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Wilks is English, but with some Spanish ancestry, which has led to the Spanish FA taking very serious interest in his development.

Not really sure of your point, re Wilshere? FWIW he was equally promising at that age, and if not for the constant injuries, and questionable commitment, the England team would probably now be built around him, and be better for it.

But he has played literally a handful of games for Spurs so how can you even have that opinion?
If he really was that good then surely he would be starting matches regularly for Spurs and he isn't.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here