Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Solly Love

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I would rather support a club and a player like Solly March that missing that penalty hurts so much than a team of mercanaries that do not care and it is only a paycheck. His hurt is genuine as he cares so much. Love this fella

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I thought Solly was man of the match

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
He scored the goal that took us up, he’s already a legend

:chinup:

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
March an absolute legend. Even more of a legend in adversity. He'll score the goal to send us to Europe just like he scored the one to send us to the Premier League.

Love you Solly.

Peppermint Tea

Aug 31, 2007
Seeing Dunky with an arm around an inconsolable Solly, telling him it wasn’t his fault and that’s he’s achieved so much in his career (I’m obviously guessing at what he said), was the most bittersweet moment today.

Utterly gutted for him. I just pray he bounces back quickly and has a blinder against Forest on Weds.

Zeus

Jan 10, 2022
Sollys had a great season but Jesus as he walked up for that pen all we were saying is after Charlton don’t blaze it over the bar again….

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
He blazed it over the bar at Charlton and yet goes and does the same today ! You have to question whether he has learnt from that experience - clearly not, you have to hit the target at least and if the keeper saves it then fair enough. That was a shocking pen

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
He blazed it over the bar at Charlton and yet goes and does the same today ! You have to question whether he has learnt from that experience - clearly not, you have to hit the target at least and if the keeper saves it then fair enough.
About 90 miles away

Sollys had a great season but Jesus as he walked up for that pen all we were saying is after Charlton don’t blaze it over the bar again….
There's a lot of love out there for Solly March, so I'd guess told you so comments don't really cut it :thumbsup:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
RDZ demonstrating genuine emotional intelligence as always:

"I told [Solly] I was a player and made a lot of mistakes with penalties," said boss Roberto de Zerbi. "I told him that we played here because of his performances and goals. I am proud for him."

What a tremendous man-manager we have :clap2:

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Decided to go for the shot to win the tie, rather than give the keeper a better chance to be the hero.
Winner's mentality - Got to risk losing to win.

It went wrong, but was the right call.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
IMG_0278.jpeg

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
I often wonder how fans of teams like Man United can even be bothered to celebrate when they win things.

It’s barely an achievement for them and most of their fans come from the south. Where do they find any passion?
Yeah, I got stuck in a queue with a bunch of Mancs singing their "We've seen it all we've won the lot" song. Meh, what's the point of living through past glories.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I would rather support a club and a player like Solly March that missing that penalty hurts so much than a team of mercanaries that do not care and it is only a paycheck. His hurt is genuine as he cares so much. Love this fella
Every reason to like the lad but he would have been off like all the others have and will the minute a bigger club and wage come calling…. He has not stayed here out of loyalty just lack of offers…. Let’s all stop getting so misty eyed. To reiterate….. he’s an honest and brilliant pro.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here