Sod Mayo - The whole team's preformance......

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
fork me said:
....who wants to start?

The shoddiest display I've seen for ages. I've never been so bored at the football.

Fork me

Never been so bored?I was bored last week at the Huddersfield game.Thank f*** i didn't go today

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
It was quite possibly the WORST that ive seen Brighton play this season, and i was at the BLACKPOOL game!

Still my little bro had a GREAT day and is already asking when i can take him again!

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
He must be a sucker for punishment...

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
The whole side looked as if they couldn't give a damn today and the entertainment value was zero. I doubt whether Donny have come up against such easy opposition all season, which is a tad embarrassing. If nothing else, however, I hope that Wilkins will now have decided on whether or not to renew Mayo and Loft's contracts.

:rolleyes:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I was quite impressed with Loft at times and Elphick looked assured, despite a potentially costly mistake. Just didn't come together and Doncaster are a decent side.

It was rather dour though.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Barrel of Fun said:
I was quite impressed with Loft at times and Elphick looked assured, despite a potentially costly mistake. Just didn't come together and Doncaster are a decent side.

It was rather dour though.

I agree, Elphick was one of the few Brighton players to emerge with credit. Lynch too had a fine game and looked every inch a top Championship player in the making. Holding on to him will not be easy.

:wave:

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Loft, Frutos and Mayo were truly shocking today.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
From where I was sitting Loft was terrible

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Well, this is mid-table mediocrity. It's what we've sort of dreamed of for the last half dozen seasons and every game from here on in is going to be more of the meaningless same. That's how life is.

Having said that, on today's performance both Loft and Mayo should be shown the door, testimonial year or no testimonial year. Just won't do. :nono:

Bring on the Summer clearout!

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Da Man Clay said:
I thought Loft played quite well to be honest.

Fair enough....different way we view things I suppose.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
shaolinpunk said:
From where I was sitting Loft was terrible

He did'nt impress me much but then again he still looked better than frutos, Elphick showed a few good touches but looked a little nervous at times but was'nt that his first league start?

Elms

May 11, 2004
Horsham
Da Man Clay said:
I thought Loft played quite well to be honest.

Didn't think Loft was great, but at least he looked like he was trying and that it meant something to him, even if he doesn't appear to have the ability. Most of the team were a lot worse than him today, generally a very, very poor performance. Not much of an incentive for people who are undecided about season ticket renewals...

bailey

Sep 24, 2005
Seafront Brighton
I was chatting to a couple of Donny fans on the bus back into town and they thought that they really hadn't earned a 2-0 win....which is probably fair.

I thought Harty's comment in his column about out of the 11 people selling Gull's Eye at the last Goldstone match only 3 of them are still going to matches was interesting....given the frequency of performances like today it's not surprising.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
bailey said:
I thought Harty's comment in his column about out of the 11 people selling Gull's Eye at the last Goldstone match only 3 of them are still going to matches was interesting....given the frequency of performances like today it's not surprising.

Jeez! He's not STILL banging on about Gull's Eye is he? :rolleyes:

bailey said:
I was chatting to a couple of Donny fans on the bus back into town and they thought that they really hadn't earned a 2-0 win....which is probably fair.

The first statement is probably not that they hadn't earned the result, more that they didn't think their side had to put an awful lot of effort into the 2-0 win.
imo that was because they came with a rather good strategy, and one that we (i.e. Dean W) couldn't get past.
I'd rather say that they did deserve and earn it, but with a well-carried-out tactical performance as well as for taking their chances.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Zebedee said:
I agree, Elphick was one of the few Brighton players to emerge with credit. Lynch too had a fine game and looked every inch a top Championship player in the making. Holding on to him will not be easy.

:wave:

From where I was sitting Elphick's performance was as bad as his brother's at Reading.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I thought Loft was good in patches. He seemed to do a lot of running. I thought Fruitos has a good first half, he faded very quickly after half time.

Not the best game ever, the major problem being that although some individuals were OK, we didn't play like a team. It looked like some of the players had never played together before.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports