Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Soccer Saturday - Biased punditry

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
I love the guys, when you hear a scream of joy in the background from someone, when they go mental when it's their team that score (especially Stelling), everything. It's like being in the pub with a bunch of mates. What football is supposed to be about. If you're not at a game of course.

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
You don't believe that, do you? ???

Which bit?!

The bit about Andy Gray I was told by an ex pro who I worked with for a bit who did a few Soccer Saturdays. It used to be exactly how it was portrayed, one big lads club with Gray at the top of it all.

The bit about Le Tissier is my opinion so yep, believe that as well!

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Which bit?!

The bit about Andy Gray I was told by an ex pro who I worked with for a bit who did a few Soccer Saturdays. It used to be exactly how it was portrayed, one big lads club with Gray at the top of it all.

The bit about Le Tissier is my opinion so yep, believe that as well!

I just can't imagine the Andy Gray stuff is true. It might be, there's got to be more that went on behind the scenes than what we see. But I don't believe he had THAT much power at an organisation like Sky Sports. If your ex pro chap didn't get a look in, perhaps he's incredibly dull and uninteresting. At the very least with the current panel, they're all quite ridiculous and entertaining in their own little ways.

The Le Tissier opinion is fundamentally agreeable!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here