Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So....

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
This is starting to piss me off. Putting <insert team name here> with a little laughing or smiley emotion is seriously following the crowd. Can't people think of anything original? It's like our songs I suppose about 95% of them are recycled garbage.

0.jpg

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Gus Poyet is 100% the better manager. He did not inherit a team, he built one. He changed our style of play beyond recognition, and has given Brighton an identity and a team to be proud of.
He manages to get players of amazing quality to play for us without an amazing budget. He also gets what used to be average players to play amazingly. He saw exactly what we were missing last season and has bought in the quality to fix it. People go on about how long he will stay at Brighton, when this is his fourth season with us and one of our longest standing managers for a very long time. I honestly believe that he will lead out a team in champions’ league one day. (Not us; unless TB finds an oil well in his garden).
When he leaves, I believe he will be seen as the best manager this club has ever had. If he does get us up to the Premier League, he has the knowledge of playing there as well as being an assistant at Spurs to have some idea what we will need to compete.

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
Gus Poyet is 100% the better manager. He did not inherit a team, he built one. He changed our style of play beyond recognition, and has given Brighton an identity and a team to be proud of.
He manages to get players of amazing quality to play for us without an amazing budget. He also gets what used to be average players to play amazingly. He saw exactly what we were missing last season and has bought in the quality to fix it. People go on about how long he will stay at Brighton, when this is his fourth season with us and one of our longest standing managers for a very long time. I honestly believe that he will lead out a team in champions’ league one day. (Not us; unless TB finds an oil well in his garden).
When he leaves, I believe he will be seen as the best manager this club has ever had. If he does get us up to the Premier League, he has the knowledge of playing there as well as being an assistant at Spurs to have some idea what we will need to compete.
top posting sir :thumbsup:

and though while i still think the OP should f*** off back to his own fans board, i do find the timing of his original post quite funny.

Dec 29, 2011
See Sheffield Wednesday earlier this week. Every time Brighton was mentioned there was a laughing smiley or picture so we did the same. He who laughs last and all that.

Yeah I did see it and I saw the Brighton response thread too. The original thread was childish and stupid, the replying thread from Brighton was cringe-worthy. Seriously, can people not think of anything better and just have to copy an insult chucked at them? S'ton are in the Premier League which, if I recall correctly, is one league higher than Brighton. I think they could have the last laugh here.

Brighton :laugh: Christ.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha !!

The stupidest question on NSC for a long time !!!

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
True that. Imagine who Gus could get in for 30m. Could probably hypnotise Villa or Falcao to join our ranks on a free transfer :)

i do wonder how gus has managed to get players to 'mutually' cancel their contracts and join us on a free...

look into the eyes..

fkqsxz.png

you WILL join us on a free

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Yeah I did see it and I saw the Brighton response thread too. The original thread was childish and stupid, the replying thread from Brighton was cringe-worthy. Seriously, can people not think of anything better and just have to copy an insult chucked at them? S'ton are in the Premier League which, if I recall correctly, is one league higher than Brighton. I think they could have the last laugh here.

Brighton :laugh: Christ.

What are you doing on a football forum, it doesn't seem to be for you. No disrespect.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
There's a thing in business known as the "Peter Principle" and it states that people get promoted in an organisation until they become incompetent in their role. This could transpose into football in that a manager can get success at a lower level and the higher the club goes, the better the manager needs to be in order to achieve success. I would suggest that Adkins reached his peak last season where he proved that he was a decent championship manager but the step up to the Premier League is a step too far and he is out of his depth. I would think his chairman knows this already and is sharpening the knife.
Personally speaking, I cannot stand him and that mostly stems from his arrogant disrespect for us in refusing to give us a guard of honour after we beat them to the League 1 title so I will be well please to see the smirk wiped off his face when he gets the boot before the clocks go back.
As for is Gus a better manager, he's yet to be tried in the premiership so one cannot say for sure, but I think he just might be.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here