So you aren't going away then?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I'm not asking you to change you "oh well, never mind, didnt they do well" attitude.
Which is handy, since that's not my attitude.

It prevails down at the Albion because simply we never have had a side to match the supporter base. Brighton never really wanted success in the board room (until recently) or off the pitch. 34000 would be happy to stroll along to watch Rotherham in the third division. It's charming really, but for me, I'm tired of it. I want to win
We all want to win.

and failure to get promotion is simply failure. No ifs, no buts and no "oh didnt they do well".
Maybe you can't take reality as well as others. You think we have a god given right to promotion as we've got a lot of fans, but it doesn't work like that. The rest of us are just a bit more realistic that's all. Our realism doesn't reduce our chances of promotion at all though, which you seem to think it does.

Feb 14, 2010
You think we have a god given right to promotion as we've got a lot of fans, but it doesn't work like that. The rest of us are just a bit more realistic that's all. Our realism doesn't reduce our chances of promotion at all though, which you seem to think it does.[/QUOTE]

No I dont, but I look at clubs like Watford and Palace. Far more successful than us, and well, they cant pay people to watch them when not "Premier League". How about Brighton at least starting to shape up and match their potential, never mind do a palace and over achieve? It takes a mentality change first of all. We dont want to win, we do win. Winners win, and down the Albion, we have had a serious lack of them in the last 100 years.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I've been reading since about from November from pundits and fans of other clubs that Brighton will fade away.

Well? When are you going to?

I think that it was about around March of our last promotion season that people were starting to say..."Oh, they aren't going to fade".

Teams beginning with the letter B rule (apart from Blackburn).

Two tickets to the Premier Circus please

Gray is looking like a top buy for you. Danny who?
At present, I still fear that it will be tough to overhaul two of the top three, although I'm not ruling it out. If we do make the play-offs, I hope you've gone up automatically, as I'd rather repay Boro for spanking us at The Amex this season when our squad was at about its weakest point.

Jan 10, 2014

Jan 10, 2014
I see that you've made the move.

Two tickets to the Premier Circus have been provisionally booked. :cool:

Jan 10, 2014
If you could reel in the 'Burnley are thugs', 'Burnley are lucky' and 'Dyche is ginger masturbator' then that would be great.

Middlesbrough are crapping themselves. :drink:

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
If you could reel in the 'Burnley are thugs', 'Burnley are lucky' and 'Dyche is ginger masturbator' then that would be great.

I'm sure they are. Lots of pressure up there and they haven't handled it well at times this season. They could hit meltdown if they lose on Friday.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove

Speaking for myself, I only labelled Barton a thug and haven't called you lucky: just bang average/masters of pub football.
No 'ffence intended :thumbsup:
Kudos for taking it on the chin.

Kranky really is a complete failure not getting that lot up weeks ago after the money they've spent.

Jan 10, 2014
A 'bang average' side end up in the table just about where Leeds are now.

When we won promotion last time a lot of fans of other clubs said things like, they were lucky with injuries and the Championship was a lot weaker.

They'll probably say the same thing about Brighton if you go up.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Burnley are clearly not a lucky side and deserve to be where they are.

We have an issue with Barton of course, but that is just one player.

What will be will be. We need to beat Derby on Monday - I hope they rest a few and bring their reserves.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
A 'bang average' side end up in the table just about where Leeds are now.

When we won promotion last time a lot of fans of other clubs said things like, they were lucky with injuries and the Championship was a lot weaker.

They'll probably say the same thing about Brighton if you go up.

Not sure Fulham, Leeds or Bristol City fans will say that.
I'd argue that Hull were bang average footballwise but effective and resilient when they went up 3 years ago.

Anyway, enough qubbling. As posted on the other thread, history suggests trouble for Boro next weekend:

Since 1980, Birmingham have hosted Middlesbrough 18 times.
The results:

Birmingham wins: 12
Draws: 5
Middlesbrough wins: 1

Interesting...

SeagullofMalaysia

Jan 29, 2016
Somewhere in north Malaysia
To be honest, I still like Burnley, proper football team with a dramatic past, but my affinity seems to have took a kick in the arse with your manager's hoofball tactics and his smugness. And Barton... don't get me started on him......

Jan 10, 2014
The two B's have bottle, the M does not.

Only one winner up at the Riverside and they begin with the letter B.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports