Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

so will we sign anyone before the loan window ends

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Hey Icy . Hows that Derby strike force doing these days ?

Ha! I knew you would turn up and have something to say! So you have written off Derby then?

We are very fortunate that Derby seem to have a chairman who thinks he is a manager don't you think?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I think that if we are going to sign a premier league striker on loan that has already been named in that teams 25 and regularly appears for the team, we should be setting our sights higher than FFS. Walcott anyone ? :rolleyes:

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Ha! I knew you would turn up and have something to say! So you have written off Derby then?

We are very fortunate that Derby seem to have a chairman who thinks he is a manager don't you think?

Yep. I'm enjoying their struggles.
PS: our struggling strike force has still managed to score more so far this season than Boro, Hull & Derby. How did that happen ?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Yep. I'm enjoying their struggles.
PS: our struggling strike force has still managed to score more so far this season than Boro, Hull & Derby. How did that happen ?

Two 4-0s recently probably helped :wink:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Possibly due to his illness Wilson hasnt achieved the expectations and promise shown when he first arrived. If he was fit would we consider or need another striker. NO we wouldnt lets hope he gets fit very soon.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Don't think we can improve on what we've got so I'd stick.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Blimey it's 10 weeks now since he was ill. Perhaps he's just struggling for form.
Why assumption he's not fit. ?

Its 4 months since I fell ill with the same thing I suspect Wilson has . . . . .

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Blimey it's 10 weeks now since he was ill. Perhaps he's just struggling for form.
Why assumption he's not fit. ?

In defence of BG, it may just be Wilson's "gait" so to speak, but he does tend to look exhausted even when coming off the bench. It's not something I had noticed in his fleeting appearances for Man United (though I'd be far less likely to take notice, obviously.)

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
In defence of BG, it may just be Wilson's "gait" so to speak, but he does tend to look exhausted even when coming off the bench. It's not something I had noticed in his fleeting appearances for Man United (though I'd be far less likely to take notice, obviously.)

I think my point is that Knockeart has had a fair few games now where he has been off the pace and thats just accepted on here as normal, an out of form player.
Wilson does likewise and that must be because "he's not fit" despite club saying he recovered from illness months ago.
Perhaps he's simply not playing very well. (for a number of reasons unrelated to his fitness ) .

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Its 4 months since I fell ill with the same thing I suspect Wilson has . . . . .

Of course people have long term illnesses and i hope you're better soon.

But why is poor form by Wilson put down to an illness he had nearly 3 months ago. Why can't he just be out of form or not playing to the same standard he did in his first few games.
It happens all the time to players. Its odd that for Wilson its attributed to his illness which the club have long since said he's recovered from. Yet there's a fair few on here that don't believe it.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Of course people have long term illnesses and i hope you're better soon.

But why is poor form by Wilson put down to an illness he had nearly 3 months ago. Why can't he just be out of form or not playing to the same standard he did in his first few games.
It happens all the time to players. Its odd that for Wilson its attributed to his illness which the club have long since said he's recovered from. Yet there's a fair few on here that don't believe it.

Fair enough. Its nothing more than a firm conviction on my part. But most of the time my employers would considere there is naff all wrong with me, either. It having 'reflowered' again, I saw the doc yesterday, and she sent me off for a chest Xray. Anyway, enough of me. I don't think Wilson has turned into a workshy waster, and CH would have shipped him back home if he is playing the old soldier. Maybe I'm wrong, but I think Wilson has been invaded by foreign bodies that the EU should never have . . . . sorry! Wong thread :whistle:

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Yes we will sign a striker

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
We really don't need to sign anyone else, rather we need to cut players from the team.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Best release Wilson if we get another striker in as Wilson just doesn't seem fit and rarely plays...just hope he isn't on high wages but I'd suspect he is.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here