Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So who's the striker?

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Because on Tuesday Poyet pledged to get a striker. On Weds he wants to talk to Reading on Thurs he is going nowhere...Don't take a lot of working out does it???

It takes a lot of supposition and conspiracy theory type stuff. it is entirely possible that the two are totally unconnected. i think it is perfectly possible that Gus never intended to go to reading anyway, was just listening to be polite and could quite possibly have intimated to the club (Brighton) right from the very beginning that he was not likely to accept Reading's offer.

Adders1

Jan 14, 2013

Just coming back from injury. Need some games, looks mint.

Looks like a top player, seems to have that 'lucky' touch which draws defenders in, exactly what we would need if we were playing with 10 men or a counter attacking formation

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Its got to be some one similar to Ulloa because of the way we play, ie one striker(most of the time). Its also got to be some one who is match fit and can hit the ground running. Also I think it can't be from abroad and he's got to be good enough, not just a bench warmer.
So its obviously going to be......I've got nothing

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Guidetti seemed to be enjoying it over at Feyenoord, he's not gonna get a chance at City, I can see him going somewhere like Feyenoord on a permanent move.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton

Just coming back from injury. Need some games, looks mint.

Half of that video is him celebrating/dancing, a quarter is him scoring penalties and the last quarter is bad goalkeeping :lolol:

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I'd say quite a bit has happened. Just because everyone is still in the same job they were 2 days ago, does not mean nothing has changed.

Would agree with this likely outcome, without knowing 100%. As McDermott did 1 year ago in speaking to doomed Wolves.... Poyet has done the same, he had nothing to lose in talking to Reading and much to gain...... Its in every media outlet that Poyet is wanted number 1choice by a current prem club, and that increases his profile and can be used as leverage to improve his hand with the Albion, just as McDermott did last year.

With the timing, our league position and huge contigent of Spanish speakers, Gus has just been dealt a great hand from which he could not lose and no doubt the Lizard new it and new what to conceed to stay in the bigger game.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Because on Tuesday Poyet pledged to get a striker. On Weds he wants to talk to Reading on Thurs he is going nowhere...Don't take a lot of working out does it???

Give it up. He WANTS to stay, you were wrong and thankfully we still have the greatest Brighton manager of my lifetime at the helm

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Probably safe to assume he is Spanish:D

...Not unless he plays in England, or was a free agent in the last transfer window.

Palace seem to be after some out of contract striker from the continent. If he's any good I hope he's on our radar too.

I reckon we'll get

John Alberto Fernando Andres Luigi Olof Guidetti

from Man City. Hope so, anyway.

screamadelica

Jan 28, 2013
:drink:
...Not unless he plays in England, or was a free agent in the last transfer window.

Palace seem to be after some out of contract striker from the continent. If he's any good I hope he's on our radar too.

I reckon we'll get

John Alberto Fernando Andres Luigi Olof Guidetti

from Man City. Hope so, anyway.

A beer at the Forest game sais he is Spanish or Spanish speaking:drink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here