Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So who started it

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Idiot. None of that is true. Such funny 'banter'. Hilarious. Never voted labour, never bought the guardian, can't stand political correctness. This is about common decency, something of which you evidently know nothing about.

Don't agree, he's not lord voldemort. Are we not allowed to speak his name, even in a mocking sense?

The song is basically saying the man is/was disgraceful, and he's one of yours. It's a wind-up.

Christ, no wonder the atmosphere is shit sometimes if people are second guessing whether or not a song being sung is appropriate enough for the PC judges to give the nod.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Don't agree, he's not lord voldemort. Are we not allowed to speak his name, even in a mocking sense?

The song is basically saying the man is/was disgraceful, and he's one of yours. It's a wind-up.

Christ, no wonder the atmosphere is shit sometimes if people are second guessing whether or not a song being sung is appropriate enough for the PC judges to give the nod.

This

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Perhaps not, but my mate is a Leeds fans and they also sing "He's one of our own, Jimmy Saville" etc....so i do not think the banter would upset them unduly.
it's not banter is it? Jesus the people around you may have been raped as children for all you know. Crickey, have you been watching the news lately? Even some of the players on the pitch may be victims for all you know.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I don't often cringe at songs, even the "You're just a shit town in [insert name]" but that Jimmy Savile song is one that does make my skin crawl. It's up there with "Harry Monk, he's our friend" in levels of crassness. It's a song about a serial paedophile. Not cool. Not cool at all.

The song that did make me smile last night came from WSU D/F block. There was a point in the second half when the Leeds fans sang something that no-one could make out. Cue chants "We don't know what you're saying..."

It sounded to my ears like the Leeds fans were singing "We want crisps, porky pig" but they're Northern, they speak funny, they support the biggest club in the universe and they definitely don't have a chip on both shoulders about that so I guess it could just about have been about anything.

And whilst I'm here - that 'Marching On Together' song that Leeds sing. It's the tune to the frigging Frog's Chorus by Paul McCartney.

Well put. My sentiments exactly.

Jan 30, 2008
Football that is now having to deal with an appalling situation where a lot of kids have been abused and possible cover ups. Savile is not a joke. Football chants should be mildly mocking, humourous and exaggerated but not sick.
stick to what you know best ..........knit one pearl one
regards
DR

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Why don't you fvck off to somewhere more.to your taste then you silly cow , it's. Football not the Henley regatta.

I like the Henley Regatta too, though in 2000 it was terribly hot and all the men were especially warm because the chairman wouldn't signal it was ok to remove blazers. Only allowed once in past 118 years apparently. Anyway, I'm sorry if you think it's hilarious to chant silly and offensive songs about child abuse in 2016. I think you'll find it's you in the minority and in need of offing to somewhere, probably the third reich. Now pipe down, there's a good boy. For you are a boy. Manners maketh a man and all that.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Idiot. None of that is true. Such funny 'banter'. Hilarious. Never voted labour, never bought the guardian, can't stand political correctness. This is about common decency, something of which you evidently know nothing about.
Bloody lefties, can't you take a joke? I suppose you think it's OK to shove your views down our throat but our Nige and our Donald have stuck it to you haven't they!

It's OK to say what you want now, no matter who it offends and there's nothing you liberal hand wringers can do about it.

I'm off to grab some bird by the *****.

Jan 30, 2008
i like the henley regatta too, though in 2000 it was terribly hot and all the men were especially warm because the chairman wouldn't signal it was ok to remove blazers. Only allowed once in past 118 years apparently. Anyway, i'm sorry if you think it's hilarious to chant silly and offensive songs about child abuse in 2016. I think you'll find it's you in the minority and in need of offing to somewhere, probably the third reich. Now pipe down, there's a good boy. For you are a boy. Manners maketh a man and all that.
not even funny:facepalm:
regards
DR

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Some people on this thread need to get a grip and stop being so precious . It's embarrassing .

The saville chant does not condone abuse it's a song to sing at them .... and they are not even that bothered but it's just good puss take . Nothing more , nothing less .

Don't like it , don't sing it but get a grip . It's football . What's sung is tongue in cheek and forgotten about after the ft whistle .

Some people must literally be livid and upset over a thousand things a day to be venting on a forum about it .

Sort it out !

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Some people on this thread need to get a grip and stop being so precious . It's embarrassing .

The saville chant does not condone abuse it's a song to sing at them .... and they are not even that bothered but it's just good puss take . Nothing more , nothing less .

Don't like it , don't sing it but get a grip . It's football . What's sung is tongue in cheek and forgotten about after the ft whistle .

Some people must literally be livid and upset over a thousand things a day to be venting on a forum about it .

Sort it out !

Bit over the top when posters are expressing an opinion. Nobody is livid or being precious. Nothing needs to be sorted out.

Bolton va va

Nov 20, 2012
Based on location of birth: Shipman (Forest or County), Mair (Kilmarnock) Adebolajo (Millwall)

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Based on location of birth & the fact that they're all tossers, i'd have guessed Man Utd.

Last time we played Leeds, some sang "Jimmy Saville, he could be your Dad ". Obviously I was sickened.

Aveacarlin'

Jul 5, 2011
Based on location of birth & the fact that they're all tossers, i'd have guessed Man Utd.

Last time we played Leeds, some sang "Jimmy Saville, he could be your Dad ". Obviously I was sickened.
Sorry, who are 'we'? Brighton or Bolton?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here