Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] So who had a Spud next to them?

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Two Eastern Asian - I imagine Korean - girls near me. Got very excited every time Son got the ball (which wasn't often). Not sure they were Spurs fans as such, just Son fans. They clapped at all the right moments.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Never had an away fan near me at any Albion game ever (with the odd exception of having them with me for Man Utd games). Remember spotting one below WSU in 1901 celebrating a Liverpool goal in the league cup. Of course gave the necessary abuse from above but don’t get how people can sit there and allow them to take the piss. If they’re quiet, completely quiet, fair enough. If they celebrate an away goal they should get pellets and thrown out.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Two Eastern Asian - I imagine Korean - girls near me. Got very excited every time Son got the ball (which wasn't often). Not sure they were Spurs fans as such, just Son fans. They clapped at all the right moments.
As said elsewhere Mr Bloom really ought to try and get his hands on some of the far eastern money.

Although that said I saw a few Spurs fans walking around wearing Albion caps.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Not a Spurs fan, but the West Ham fan who outed herself during the games against them seems to have a soft spot for the Albion as she's there nearly every match!

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
Never had an away fan near me at any Albion game ever (with the odd exception of having them with me for Man Utd games). Remember spotting one below WSU in 1901 celebrating a Liverpool goal in the league cup. Of course gave the necessary abuse from above but don’t get how people can sit there and allow them to take the piss. If they’re quiet, completely quiet, fair enough. If they celebrate an away goal they should get pellets and thrown off WSU.

Corrected.

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
Reading this makes me sad then i think about last season and the amount of times we had to sit in the home ends at away games so i guess it goes on at every ground .

Denis

Mar 25, 2013
Portslade
Outside the West stand an hour before kick off. Two Koreans (I presume) in Spurs shirts, flags, bags and hat. BHA club official is with them. "We have a slight problem here, your tickets are for seats with the Brighton fans".

Yes I saw them too, the stewards were getting them to take off their Spurs shirts, with Son on the back. I couldn’t believe they had the nerve to try and get into West stand dressed like that! Maybe they didn’t understand ‘home’ and ‘away’ stands ethos.

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
Yes I saw them too, the stewards were getting them to take off their Spurs shirts, with Son on the back. I couldn’t believe they had the nerve to try and get into West stand dressed like that! Maybe they didn’t understand ‘home’ and ‘away’ stands ethos.

It's embarrassing though that we can't tolerate a few Korean students wearing Spuds bobble hats. A few on here might remember when we played Arsenal in the cup (the match where Chris O'Grady scored) and in WSU an old dear was wearing an Arsenal and Albion kit stitched together straight down the middle. Don't know how the stewards reconciled that one...

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Surprisingly none in my bit of the East Upper. Most of the seats (plus the added ones at the back) are match day tickets with bits of paper but all, as one, stood up and screamed every goal.

East Upper was a cauldron of noise, we had a great time but did see one guy in a THFC fleece after the game.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Not a Spurs fan, but the West Ham fan who outed herself during the games against them seems to have a soft spot for the Albion as she's there nearly every match!

ESU? Central?

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
Had what I thought was a spuds fan sitting next to me in WSL - was an oriental dude, clapping and standing up when we scored, but (to me) was obviously spuds. At the end of the game, I clapped him on the back and said "never mind chap, best of luck for the rest of the season", he then told me that he wasn't Spurs, but an Albion fan all the way from Singapore..... If he was then maybe we do have some Far Eastern market already......

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here