Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So, who did you get in your World Cup sweepstake?

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Ivory Coast. I said to my female assistant ' if they win, I'll run along Deansgate (Manchester's busiest street) naked'. She looked relieved when I said they stood no chance. She asked if there was a team called 'anyone but Ivory Coast'.

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
There's only 24 people on my team so we had a secondary draw today - I drew... to add to the mighty Costa Rica - Iran. Farq zake. :tantrum:

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
How about a sweepstake with a difference - the team that concedes the most? That way you could get a poor team that concedes a few in it's 3 games but it would not be over as the top teams, who concede less, have more games to play.

Could keep the interest up?

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
How about a sweepstake with a difference - the team that concedes the most? That way you could get a poor team that concedes a few in it's 3 games but it would not be over as the top teams, who concede less, have more games to play.

We have prizes for 1st and 2nd, the most goals scored and the most conceded. I drew Ivory Coast. Middle of the road no hoper in all departments.

Aug 23, 2011

We have a prize for 1st and 2nd but also small prizes for team that gets 1st red card, most goals conceded and first team to be knocked out on penalties. It keeps the interest for people who do get the no-hopers or England

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Greece. FFS

We do have a prize for the worst record in the group stage, but I don't think I'll be claiming that either.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Ghana

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
I'm running one at work; two draws, winner down to 4th place and top scorers down to 4th place. I pulled out Costa Rica and Iran, so had another go, Russia and Croatia! I now have to monitor every game to update how many goals scored knowing I am in the running for bugger all and it's cost em a tenner!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here