Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So, who did you get in your World Cup sweepstake?

darters74

Jun 9, 2011
All over the place
I've run one since 2002 every 2 years for World Cup and Euros. For World Cup, 32 people pay £5 a month plus £15 entry, so pay £135 in total. There is £4320 in the pot. 1st round losers get £50 back, winner gets a grand.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Ok, they're not going to win the cup but they can be such a good team to watch.

Thanks to the genius of their former manager (Marcelo Bielsa) they transformed from no-ones into arguably the third best South American team, playing a high pressure game focused on quick attacking...if it wasn't for actually being English I'd probably be supporting them.

I absolutely adore Chile - their football is just a joy to watch.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
I absolutely adore Chile - their football is just a joy to watch.

On the assumption you're being serious, you're my new best friend.

When their style clicks properly during a match (which is admittedly sporadic) they're just so smooth it's unreal.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
England.

Now to be doubly disappointed when we are knocked out.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
I've run one since 2002 every 2 years for World Cup and Euros. For World Cup, 32 people pay £5 a month plus £15 entry, so pay £135 in total. There is £4320 in the pot. 1st round losers get £50 back, winner gets a grand.

And after the whole 'missing ball' controversy forced a re-draw from my original pick of Ecuador, I got Columbia.....

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
On the assumption you're being serious, you're my new best friend.

When their style clicks properly during a match (which is admittedly sporadic) they're just so smooth it's unreal.

Completely serious! They were amazing in 2010 and I want more of the same this year...

forrest

Aug 11, 2010
haywards heath
When I arrived at work on Wednesday there were 4 teams left in the sweepstake. Italy, Spain, Algeria and nigeria. Had two picks. Yep Nigeria and Algeria. FML

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here