Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] So who are our targets this window?

HCxUK

Apr 18, 2014
Feel a bit Football Manager saying this and fully realise it won't happen but I'd love for us to sign a left back (Barco), a right back (whoever), get rid of Webster (sorry, but he is just too injury prone and his performances do not justify the time spent out) and replace him with Matviienko.

Then we really do need a centre midfield option while Baleba gets up to speed, and also a winger to cover our ridiculous injury list.

That's five signings - never going to happen and is impractical in the January window but it's a shame the squad is in the shape it's in.

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
Most South American leagues run along calendar years, hence now is the summer break for them.

This is why it's often easier to buy South Americans in January. It's the reverse situation to Europe where everyone is resistant to sell then in mid-season.

Several exceptions to this obviously, but if we have South American targets (i.e. Barco), now is the time.

Noise around Barghdji seems to have ramped up again but to be honest I'd have thought he'd go to a bigger club which will pay him more. Would be a serious coup if we got him.

Otherwise people keep throwing around ex-de Zerbi players from Italy, seemingly only because they're ex-de Zerbi.

Wishlist: Barco, Barghdji and an experienced defensive mid.

Reality: probably two upcoming talents and the already signed Mazilu.

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
Just because we haven't done something before it isn't safe to conclude we never will.

If we all thought the same about winning a trophy we might as well nip off and shoot ourselves.

We have never finished as high as we did last year. These are a different club now. Anything is possible. But, as always with Brighton under Bloom, we will be the last to know what it is.
No, totally agree, just saying what has happened before.
I suspect we will buy, and it will be mix and match. We clearly need at least one, if not two full backs, and they need to be ready to play.
I think Bloom and Barber will sanction that to enable us to compete for the rest of the season.

Other buys may be for the future, for when players move on to pastures new in the summer.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Roony Bardghji

Domenico Berardi

Valentín Barco

Adrian Mazilu

A.N Other ( experienced fullback)

Kalvin Phillips (would love a permanent signing but will take a loan to end of season)

With our injured players coming back, u21 developments and the additions above - top 6 finish - Europa League progression and maybe an Fa cup final
This is spot on for me.

A lovely blend of players with experience and those with huge potential.

With Mitoma leaving on crutches and Adingra clearly overplayed, wingers are as important as fullbacks now.

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
RDZ’s comments on Baleba would lead me to believe that he wants an ‘old pro’ signing similar to Lallana or Welbz to fill the defensive midfield position. He isn’t happy having to play Baleba.
Milner and Dahoud were signed as experienced pros who should be options there. Both have disappointed, but he has been provided with these types of players.

If only we could magic up another Caicedo.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here