Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] So who are our targets this window?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Assuming we will strengthen. As an ignorant punter with nothing but hope and faith, what do the cognoscenti think? Thickies, like me are also welcome to suggest names. Try to keep it sensible.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
I want us to go back for the Shakhtar CB Matvienko - RDZ was very keen last January but we didn’t offer enough.
Presumably Barco from Bocca is a target for January - but again they may want more than we are willing to pay.
Sach Boey - right footed WB - Galataseray might be a target
Assan Ouedraogo (GER)?

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
This guy should be top of the shopping list:

Domenico Berardi

With De Zerbi’s emphasis on scoring more that we concede - we need to strengthen up top, and with March out, Ensico out, Mitoma fragile, Fati out, Adingra off playing for his country -

Berardi is a must - he has experience, he is De Zerbi’s golden boy -

In think he’s 29 ??

Still a few years left in him

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Roony Bardghji

Domenico Berardi

Valentín Barco

Adrian Mazilu

A.N Other ( experienced fullback)

Kalvin Phillips (would love a permanent signing but will take a loan to end of season)

With our injured players coming back, u21 developments and the additions above - top 6 finish - Europa League progression and maybe an Fa cup final

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Roony Bardghji

Domenico Berardi

Valentín Barco

Adrian Mazilu

A.N Other ( experienced fullback)

Kalvin Phillips (would love a permanent signing but will take a loan to end of season)

With our injured players coming back, u21 developments and the additions above - top 6 finish - Europa League progression and maybe an Fa cup final
Roony Bardghji :ROFLMAO: lets have realistic targets please :)

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Barco

Amar Dedic- Bosnian full back from RB Salzburg

Roony Bardghji- Swedish-Kuwaiti winger from FC København (contract expires end of 2025, club ready to cash in)

Teun Koopmeiners- Dutch midfielder and set piece expert from Atalanta (contract expires 2025)

Serhou Guirassy- lethal (17 goals from 14 apps) Malian striker from Stuttgart with a rumoured £15m release clause.

Cheeky bid for 17 year-old Archie Gray from Leeds wouldn't go amiss. More likely if they don't get promotion obv.

Maybe a permanent deal for Ansu 🙃

Sorted.

Last edited:

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Barco

Amar Dedic- Bosnian full back from RB Salzburg

Roony Bardghji- Swedish-Kuwaiti winger from FC København (contract expires end of 2025, club ready to cash in)

Teun Koopmeiners- Dutch midfielder and set piece expert from Atalanta (contract expires 2025)

Serhou Guirassy- lethal (17 goals from 14 apps) Malian striker from Stuttgart with a rumoured £15m release clause.

Cheeky bid for 17 year-old Archie Gray from Leeds wouldn't go amiss. More likely if they don't get promotion obv.

Maybe a permanent deal for Ansu 🙃

Sorted.

Koopmeiners would be a great addition- I remember mentioning him pre season prior to us signing Baleba -

I think it’s now becoming clear that we need a few more older, experienced heads, to form a solid back bone to play every week with Dunk and Gross, I was hoping Dahoud would be one but he hasn’t quite grasped the De Zerbi way yet, although I’m sure it will come.
In January we need to strengthen with players who can slot straight in Domenico Berardi being the obvious choice-

Manuel Locatelli Would have been perfect but he signed permanently for Juventus this year
after his loan from Sassulo and has developed into one of the worlds best CDM’s 🤦🏻‍♂️

Our signings in January will all have some connection to De Zerbi, it will be a January window like no other, expect Tony Bloom to be writing some very big cheques !!!

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I want us to go back for the Shakhtar CB Matvienko - RDZ was very keen last January but we didn’t offer enough.
Presumably Barco from Bocca is a target for January - but again they may want more than we are willing to pay.
Sach Boey - right footed WB - Galataseray might be a target
Assan Ouedraogo (GER)?
With the emergence of JPVH (and when squad fully fit, Igor, Webster and Veltman..... who can all play there) do we need Matvienko still?

Was Igor not his "cluster" alternative?

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Assuming we will strengthen. As an ignorant punter with nothing but hope and faith, what do the cognoscenti think? Thickies, like me are also welcome to suggest names. Try to keep it sensible.
That young vlogger Luke spoke to both PB and TB at a meet up pre Arsenal game.

Aside his "new year revolutions"! Bloom says most injured players back by end of Jan and whilst he mentions January, it doesn't sound like we will doing that much if anything?

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
I'd like us to use the loan market to bolster our squad. Seems a little knee jerk to bring in loads of permanent signings when we have so much talent in the treatment room. As players become available we will get a massive boost throughout the season

There must be a lot of talent available across Europe who aren't getting games and want to join the RDZ party

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
I'd like us to use the loan market to bolster our squad. Seems a little knee jerk to bring in loads of permanent signings when we have so much talent in the treatment room. As players become available we will get a massive boost throughout the season

There must be a lot of talent available across Europe who aren't getting games and want to join the RDZ party
I'd also suggest that we recall as many players as we can in January to give Roberto more options.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here