Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So which NSCer came the furthest to watch yesterday's game?

So it was your flag I saw from the WSU and wondered about on Saturday. but it is not the Brazil flag? Also saw a Cyprus flag and the "Spanish Dave" flag - a Spanish Flag, with Dave written on it!

Edit: Doh, have watched the video and now understand - hope you got your Branston through customs! I don't think I need to ask if you were enjoying yourselves.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
As mentioned in earlier post, someone was 'pleading for a ticket for his mate from Australia' - that was I and I can confirm that the my Albion supporting friend did indeed travel 10,000 miles, whereas I simply hopped onto the No. 25 bus.

However, must stress his sole reason for flying back to Blighty on the morning of the Arsenal game was not purely to see this match - just a perfectly timed coincidence

Anyway, his jet lag was put on hold due to the electric atmosphere that the Amex was radiating on Saturday... :thumbsup:

Am so glad you were able to get the tickets and well done to whoever answered your prayers. Truly great to see how made up he is and the wonder of that 1st Amex moment!

thisistips

Oct 17, 2010
Away away away
Can't beat Gibraltar, but came from Basel in Switzerland. Up at 5am, I was in Brighton by 9am. Breakfast at the 7 Dials. Hair cut. 2 hours of drinking at the new North Laine brew pub. Train ride with loads of larey Arsenal fans - who were fighting amongst themselves. No time for a pint before the game but a pie and a pint after. Can't remember much else. But woke up at 5am the next morning to cab it to Gatwick to be back in Basel by 10am.

Worth every penny and every minute.

Chief Wiggum

Apr 30, 2009
Toulouse. Five hr drive to the airport in blizzard conditions from central France (normally three hrs). Twas Like a scene from Ice road Truckers. Just made my plane and was running so late that I had no time to put my belt back on after security. I had to run, holding up my trousers, to reach the gate just as they were closing the flight. Arrived at Gatwick to find I had to get a bloody replacement bus to Lewes. Anyway, had a fantastic day. What a match and atmosphere! Got merrily pissed in the East Stand Brasserie until it closed, meal in one of the cafes close to Brighton Station then back to Gatwick where I slept on a bench with a load of very pleasant Eastern Europeans and then caught the 0730 flight back home. Regular trip for me. Season ticket holder and only missed three home games this year. My wife thinks I am nuts.

Makes my 45' drive and stroll from the car park look a little lightweight. Multiple :thumbsup: to the lot of you - for some reason the little "we are not worthy" bowing icon is having the night off.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here