Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So where is the " countdown to a near sell out for Preston match" Thread?

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Good thinking by PB and team, good work fellas!

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
They've opened up a quarter of S1E.

At around the time of the Derby game last season I said that S1E could be opened up for home fans, but some on here said it couldn't.

They've opened up a quarter of S1E.

At around the time of the Derby game last season I said that S1E could be opened up for home fans, but some on here said it couldn't.

Derby brought over 2000 I believe. PNE have been given an initial allocation of 800. I suspect, in the unlikely situation we needed it, some or all of S1D could be made available to home fans. PNE could be housed in S1B and S1C with plenty of space left for a sterile area.

If need be, we also have the southern half of E1H assuming S1A is kept as the sterile area.

Either way, looks like being the most home fans in the Amex since that play off semi.....

North has 69 seats
WSL has 216
WSU has 98
ESL has 102 (plus possible release of half of E1H)
ESU has 287
South has 294 (plus possible release of remainder of S1E and S1D)

That equates to about 1400 unreleased seats. Assuming the shelf will be quite busy as a family day. S1B and S1C would actually give PNE space for about 1100, so about 400 spare here, assuming they take up the initial lot.

suggests 28k

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
Derby brought over 2000 I believe. PNE have been given an initial allocation of 800. I suspect, in the unlikely situation we needed it, some or all of S1D could be made available to home fans. PNE could be housed in S1B and S1C with plenty of space left for a sterile area.

If need be, we also have the southern half of E1H assuming S1A is kept as the sterile area.

Either way, looks like being the most home fans in the Amex since that play off semi.....

North has 69 seats
WSL has 216
WSU has 98
ESL has 102 (plus possible release of half of E1H)
ESU has 287
South has 294 (plus possible release of remainder of S1E and S1D)

That equates to about 1400 unreleased seats. Assuming the shelf will be quite busy as a family day. S1B and S1C would actually give PNE space for about 1100, so about 400 spare here, assuming they take up the initial lot.

suggests 28k

There were less on sale in then North earlier, so they've added more. I suppose they'll do that throughout the week, so maybe not quite as many tickets sold as we think.

I reckon about 23,000 home tickets have been sold, add 1901 which I guess is 2,500.
Could be 700 away fans. Add the shelf, VIP's and media.
I think the crowd will be about 27,500. If we could sell most of S1E, I think that could get us over 28,000.

If it wasn't for the kick off changes and the trains, I think we would be getting this sort of crowd for most games.

Possibility of Norwich getting very close to a sell out.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
There were less on sale in then North earlier, so they've added more. I suppose they'll do that throughout the week, so maybe not quite as many tickets sold as we think.
This is true. Impossible to predict crowds at the moment based on website seats for sale. If only 700 Preston then the second digit in the announced attendance might well be a 6.

Anything around 27K will be an incredible crowd for Brighton v Preston in a bog standard league fixture.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Over 26K is good. I think that has always been the magic number. Even in the old days of the Goldstone, 26K and above and the atmosphere was ramped up to the dimension I enjoy. Special.

I reckon about 23,000 home tickets have been sold, add 1901 which I guess is 2,500.
Could be 700 away fans. Add the shelf, VIP's and media.
I think the crowd will be about 27,500. If we could sell most of S1E, I think that could get us over 28,000.

If it wasn't for the kick off changes and the trains, I think we would be getting this sort of crowd for most games.

Possibility of Norwich getting very close to a sell out.

Norwich will be heaving. Anyone know how many they were allocated? Read on their forum they asked for me. If we give them the circa 3000 it should also mean a home sellout

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
Norwich will be heaving. Anyone know how many they were allocated? Read on their forum they asked for me. If we give them the circa 3000 it should also mean a home sellout

I suspect 2,600. That would cover some of S1A to S1E. If we have them S1F, then that would take it over 3,000. I would think that S1F could be filled by home fans, so why give it to them? Already pretty much filled it for the Preston game.

Last time we played them they were given about 3,000 as they were getting promoted and we didn't have much to play for. I was right next to them at the front of S1G. Brilliant atmosphere, they have us stick and we have it back.

Sorry, did they actually ask for you? Or did they ask for more, as in tickets?

Ha! Darn spell check on a mobile at 5am at fault there!

I'm not as bullish as you for selling out the home end. It's price that's attracted the masses for this game. Cat C and also the £15 adult and child offer.

Norwich will be back to Cat A pricing for all and I think a sellout is only just possible if there was not any to sell in the south (ie. if Norwich have them all)

spoonie

Apr 19, 2011
Ha! Darn spell check on a mobile at 5am at fault there!

I'm not as bullish as you for selling out the home end. It's price that's attracted the masses for this game. Cat C and also the £15 adult and child offer.

Norwich will be back to Cat A pricing for all and I think a sellout is only just possible if there was not any to sell in the south (ie. if Norwich have them all)

It's Cat B

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Block S1E now released in it's entirety to home fans.

Rare opportunity to be bang in the middle behind the goal at the other end!
Yes, that is unusual. Funny little block showing as "sold" in there but probably just reserved by the club for some reason.

Doesn't seem likely that many more will be sold now in S1E unfortunately. I wonder if people with seats already bought in the westerly half of S1E will (be allowed to) move across and occupy the seats behind the goal...?

Yes, that is unusual. Funny little block showing as "sold" in there but probably just reserved by the club for some reason.

Doesn't seem likely that many more will be sold now in S1E unfortunately. I wonder if people with seats already bought in the westerly half of S1E will (be allowed to) move across and occupy the seats behind the goal...?

Can't see there would be anything or any reason to stop them.

The £15 adult and kids offer finishes at 1730 tonight, so a few more might go. Bit of good weather and no reason why a couple of hundred more won't shift.

It's Cat B

Ah - sorry!

Actually though. Even for this game where we have sold loads of cheap parent/kid tickets, everyone could still have got in with 3000 visitors.

Tickets currently sold in S1E could be accommodated in the unopen half of E1H and there are enough other empties around the ground to accommodate all those in S1F.

I therefore hope we give Norwich 3000 if they want them as I love it when the ground is full and I don't think it will be if we give them any less

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Can't see there would be anything or any reason to stop them.

The £15 adult and kids offer finishes at 1730 tonight, so a few more might go. Bit of good weather and no reason why a couple of hundred more won't shift.

I wonder why that £15 adult/£1 JS deal comes to an end tonight? If the club continued it until kick-off it could add quite a few more to the attendance. Often parents with families can't/won't decide until the day of the game..

D

Deleted member 2719

I wonder why that £15 adult/£1 JS deal comes to an end tonight? If the club continued it until kick-off it could add quite a few more to the attendance. Often parents with families can't/won't decide until the day of the game..

Don't start me on common sense deadlines. :rant::rant:

* cues smart arse comments from smart arses* :bla::guns:

PS Not you Cowfold.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
897 left on general admission
Really? Is that the total of the seats the club have available on the website?

Given a few hundred for exclusion areas and empties in the away section that would suggest a crowd of around 29K. Would be amazing if it was that many but I don't think it will be quite..

Well done to the marketing boys though. Should be fun on Saturday.

Really? Is that the total of the seats the club have available on the website?

Given a few hundred for exclusion areas and empties in the away section that would suggest a crowd of around 29K. Would be amazing if it was that many but I don't think it will be quite..

Well done to the marketing boys though. Should be fun on Saturday.

The sterile areas will likely comprise half of E1H, S1A,half of S1C and S1D. This will be about 2000. If they sell their 800 these will easily be accommodated in S1B and half of S1C

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here