Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

so whats your excuse brighton

Jimmy Grimble

the problem with that is where do you start and finish. If you go into administration half way through a season and immediatly relegated, what happens to the points teams you have played have gained or lost....same with goals. What if palace had played Newcastle and beat the 15-0....you would have the scenario where the points all set to 0, then all the goals expunged, what about all the bookings and sendings off..are they recinded...carried over.

In effect by immediatly relegating a side, they must stop playing, as they cant suddenly appear in the division lower...wheich means they have no income....how do you compensate STH's who have bought tickets for matches that are not going to be played?

Rather than relegated they should be given a harsher point deduction that is likely to confine the side to relegation. That way you avoid the above you've mentioned.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Rather than relegated they should be given a harsher point deduction that is likely to confine the side to relegation. That way you avoid the above you've mentioned.

I think the current points deduction is about right. However the club should not be allowed to be promoted for the following 2 seasons after promotion. This then avoids teams doing what Leicester did, writing off a load of debt and still getting promoted to the Premiership.

Jimmy Grimble

Yeah fair point. But don't you then have an issue if the side finishes in the play-off's or in a promotion spot? What happens, for example, if they finish in a play-off spot? Does the team in 7th place swap with them?

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
skint
in administration
having to sell players
only three players on the bench
docked 10 points
30 million in debt
not allowed to play moses
no ground
no money

and still have more points than brighton this season

and palace think they have a bad season

You haven't felt the full effects of going into administration yet. It will get worse for Palace...not gloating or trying to be smug but I'd still take our situation of being poor on the field but growing potential off the pitch over yours.

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
skint
in administration
having to sell players
docked 10 points
30 million in debt
no ground
no money

B R I was thinking the same when reading the sports pages yesterday. Brighton have real problems of thier own to worry about.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
knicked from a Facebook Group....

Is this the real life?.. Is this just fantasy?
Caught in a debt landslide.. no escape from reality
Open your eyes.. look up to the skies and see
It's just a poor club It needs no sympathy
Cause Its been easy come, easy go, Wages high, income low
Anyway the club was run doesn't really matter to me, to me

Mama he's kille...d the club
Put a gun against it's head wasted money now it's dead
Mama fans hoped success had just begun
But Jordan's gone and thrown it all away
Mama, oooooooohhh he didn't mean to make them cry
If theres no buyer again this time tomorrow
It can't Carry on, carry on as if nothing really matters

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
skint
in administration
having to sell players
docked 10 points
30 million in debt
no ground
no money

Our excuse? As BoF pointed out we haven't spent money we haven't got. Also you've still got the players and manager that you purchased and paid with the money you borrowed and couldn't repay. Hopefully though you'll be losing them all soon.

If we'd irresponsibly spunked 30 million on a load of average players we'd probably have a few more points - and would be staring down the same barrel that you are.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I think the current points deduction is about right. However the club should not be allowed to be promoted for the following 2 seasons after promotion. This then avoids teams doing what Leicester did, writing off a load of debt and still getting promoted to the Premiership.

Totally agree, some form of ban appears to be the most appropriate way forward.

I go a little further and put the club under some form of probation for the following two seasons, books regularly audited by the league etc..

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
As an addtional punishment, I would make all clubs in administration play in a kit like this

62548.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here