So what would make NSC better?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
surely that points system for a ban is just going to result in LOADS of people reporting trivial things - does "go play in traffic" count as abuse for example?
only if aimed at window lickers who might actually go and play in the traffic. :lol:

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
This is blatently all down to one thing and one thing only. Thats right, its down to the credit crunch!!

People cant afford to go out anymore, so spend their time on here. Before when people had money, they went out, and spent less time on here.

Posters can afford their internet connection, (or let their parents pay for it) and because it is classed as a bill, they pay it, and it comes out of the disposable income for going out and social interacting in real life.

More time spent on her has resorted to bitch fighting behind the keyboard. If this were to happen in real life, its equivelent would be the West Street slag slappathon with chav boyfriend chucking his bottle of Stella pretending to protect his Sharon.

Though it is a complete binfest, at least all the squabbling doest result in knife crime or actual physical fights

Leave it as it is and blame the credit crunch!!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
please dont change. I like NSC the way it is. i can ignore binfestery and its not always bad, can be a good luagh somtimes. the best thing about NSC is precisly because its pretty open and relaxed about topics, i always think of it as the pub before the game where footie talk is sometime marginall, but its what brings us together in one place. if we start down the road of a dozen differnet subforums for topic areas, it'll just be the same as every other shit board on t'internet. If individuals are taking the piss, target them.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
How about a new forum called 'Ask The Pub'?

Albion players could write in and ask NSC ANYTHING.

'Got a (sensible) question for NSC? Ask it here, and you may get the answer from the horse's arse...'

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
'Got a (sensible) question for NSC? Ask it here, and you may get the answer from the horse's arse...'

More likely , you may get the answer from Ernest's Ars

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
Like a lot of life, you get what you deserve in the end, as a forum we the members of NSC will decide what forum we need,be it crude and offensive or informed and lively debate. Cream will rise to the surface !

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Is this the headless chicken thread?

Vankleek Hill Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Vankleek Hill, actually....
"NSC's Funniest Joke"™, as told to the Babel Fish in Italian and back:

A colleague walks in a pub and sees a sign to hang over the bar that she reads:

Sandwich 1,50 of the cheese
Sandwich 2,50 of prosciutto of Parma
Job 10,00 of the hand

Controlling its gatherer finds a single one tenner, walks in on to the bar and calls to one of three blondes particularly attractive that they serve drinks to a group of men.

"Yes?" question with a smile, "I can help it?"

"I was wondering" , say the man, "you are the person who gives the hand-intense activities?"

"Yes," ago the fused one, "effectively I am"

The man answers the "Washed that good your hands love, I want a cheese sandwich."

It may NSC's funniest joke, but isn't it starting to get a bit repetitive and old. Does nobody have any inspiration and creativity to come up with something better.?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
You just know that if Bozza listens to all the suggestions, and implements them. The same people will be back next week saying they preferred it as it was.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I have to say, I don't post on here very much these days and surf NSC less and less simply because there's so much drivel and hijacking of threads by a number individuals who can't resist a snipe or a writing a barrage of sarcasm when all people are trying to do is make a point. Everyone's done it at some time, but certain posters appear to have this as their sole objective and it just gets tiresome. Often I just don't have time to wade through the rubbish first.

I like reading contributions from more esteemed fans of the Albion whose posts may offer 'informed opinion'. But when threads entitled 'great game tonight' or 'what do you make of 'x' player' end up somehow with comments like Im going to rape your sister or full of xenophobic spite etc, well I run out of patience. And just like a real world gang of mouthy teenagers on a street corner, you see unwarranted abuse from these 'cyber-hoodies' which just spirals any time you bite back. I even end up feeling angry sometimes, often when I'm supposed to be winding down from a long day!! What's the point of logging onto a website to risk that?!! I'm really pleased that this thread's recognised that there's a real problem which needs addressing urgently and applaud some really valid proposals to do so. I don't know what the answers are but as usual, the minority spoil it for the majority at times.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
I think (hope) things will settle when the season starts.

I also like the wierd and wacky subjects that come up but not the personal abuse that some indulge in. I think what has brought matters to a head is that'normol' threads, like matchday threads, are being hijacked. many who log on live outside the SCR area and depend on NSC for accurate scores & reports of the games.

There's enough space on the board for 'childish ramblings'.

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
This conversation happens at about this time every year. The kids are home from school, there's no football on (or very little), and people are getting very bored in the workplace. Keep it as it is, and it will get back to normal in a month or so, it's just silly season.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Totally agree, speaking as another of the "it ain't broke so don't try fixing it" brigade. If a thread is titled "Should Adams switch to 4-3-3?" you know you're in for some tiresome Albion-related drivel about formations, with the main contributors probably being those nerdy geeks who think it's cool to have their NSC names on their replica shirts. A thread called "Joke du Jour" will start with some sort of joke (usually old and usually crap but so what), and a thread called 'Lemons or Limes' will have a debate as to which is the best fruit.

Is it really that tricky to pick out the threads that interest you and ignore the ones that don't? If a thread is misleadingly titled a mod will usually fix it so everyone knows what's what.

totally agree

if it ain't broke............................................................

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports