Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So what would make NSC better?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The usual Summer binfestry aside, and given we will implement a new very explicit infractions system - what else will make NSC better, friendlier, less likely to lose decent posters?

Always happy to listen to (constructive) suggestions from anyone as to how things can improve.

Fire away...

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
I was initially against splitting the board up... but with the current signal to noise ratio, I think a 'football, sussex ccc/england cricket, and perhaps some allowance for genuinely important national topics' forum, and an 'anything else' would be a good idea. And with moderation that moved threads pretty rapidly as they degenerate.

It MIGHT just reduce the amount of attention-seeking annoyance that NSC has endured recently.

mr sheen

Jan 17, 2008
What does the new infractions system consist of? Is it up for consultation?

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Totally wipe out all post counts. If there was not a post counter then it would stop alot of drivel posted. It may also mean new posters get a fairer voice as everyone would be equal.

Why do we need a post counter ?

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
The problem is that any thread about any subject can descend into complete binfests

Even if the thread title is Brighton vs Ipswich Town, or What is the best formation to play with turns into bitch fighting

Maybe we should turn threads aimed at specific posters into tactical discussions for the 1st half against Barnet at Home

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
I was initially against splitting the board up... but with the current signal to noise ratio, I think a 'football, sussex ccc/england cricket, and perhaps some allowance for genuinely important national topics' forum, and an 'anything else' would be a good idea. And with moderation that moved threads pretty rapidly as they degenerate.

It MIGHT just reduce the amount of attention-seeking annoyance that NSC has endured recently.

Just looked throught the first couple of pages... and actually there aren't many threads that I would prefer to see moved altogether... which suggests the problem is individuals hijacking threads, carrying out long-running exchanges that permeate across topics etc...

Is there a reasonable way to keep threads 'on topic' ?

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Less Mods, i understand ot would it would make more work for the others, but surley it would help in keeping consistancy with bannings and mod decsions.

what about a dailey post limit? is that possible?

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Totally wipe out all post counts. If there was not a post counter then it would stop alot of drivel posted. It may also mean new posters get a fairer voice as everyone would be equal.

Why do we need a post counter ?

That probably isn't a bad idea.

In regards to splitting up the board, I dont really see the need to - you'll still get the same amount of shite on the same threads but it would just be more difficult to find them!

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Posters who abuse NSC should have their postings monitored and approved before going live.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
What does the new infractions system consist of? Is it up for consultation?

It will be devised over the next week or so and published here. If there is a great outcry that indicates that we have got it wrong then we will adjust to suit, of course. Here is an example of an infraction setup from another messageboard:

Code:
Title  	Points  	Expires
Signature Rule Violation 	1 	60 Days
Filter Violation 	1 	60 Days
Argumentative Sarcastic Posts 	1 	60 Days
Racist/Sexual/other offensive content 	2 	60 Days
Personal Comment Aimed at other member/s (Minor) 	2 	90 Days
Personal Comment Aimed at other member/s (Major) 	3 	Never
Inappropriate Link or Post 	1 	30 Days
Restarting a closed thread 	1 	30 Days
Advertising against Forum Rules & Policy 	5 	60 Days
Abuse by PM 	9 	60 Days
Spamming 	500 	Never

* Penalties: 10 points - Unable to send private messages, use profile messages and cannot have a signature until the points expire
* 15 points - 7 Day Ban
* 30 points - 1 Month Ban
* 31+ points - Permanent ban

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
what about a dailey post limit? is that possible?

I don't think that'd work.

For example, if we get a day where, just hypothetically, Brighton sign Kaka, Falmer Stadium gets finished and Dick Knight meets David Bellotti and beats the shit out of him, people are going to want to be posting far more than if it's a day where nothing at all happens, yet they'd be limited to the same amount of posts in both cases.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
* Penalties: 10 points - Unable to send private messages, use profile messages and cannot have a signature until the points expire
* 15 points - 7 Day Ban
* 30 points - 1 Month Ban
* 31+ points - Permanent ban

So in that situation, say a poster amasses 30 points and gets a one month ban, when they come back from that ban, would they start from 0 points again, or would they keep the 30 and so one more point would mean a lifetime ban?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here