[Albion] So we all know there's a striker incoming - Who ?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Time for Gyokeres at 22 to step up this season and provide another option?

With GP's approach of trying to promote the younger players from the U23's maybe Gyokeres is to be promoted to become our 3rd striker. At 6ft 2in he's worth a go.

No, he is not ready yet and I doubt he will actually make it, i watched a fair few St Pauli games last year and he is nowhere near good enough for the Premier league.
A season loan in the Championship will tell us more, he was hardly prolific in Germany and did not really show too many glimpses of class to be honest.

We cannot rely on Connolly, Maupay and a kid who struggled in Bundesliga two if we want to improve this season.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Time for Gyokeres at 22 to step up this season and provide another option?

With GP's approach of trying to promote the younger players from the U23's maybe Gyokeres is to be promoted to become our 3rd striker. At 6ft 2in he's worth a go.

Think Gwargis a better long term bet tbh

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Don’t forget we still have Andone !

:rolleyes:

On the treatment table for first half of season.

I reluctantly think it’s going to be Dia, another 15 million stocking filler, potential flop. (Hope I’m wrong but he looks meh)

Only linked with us and Porto, says he’s been in talks with us, report says he doesn’t want Portugal and was pulled from squad in Reims game yesterday.

Last edited:

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I am dreaming here - OLIVIER GIROUD

Always felt he’d be the ultimate Murray replacement and always enjoy throwing his hat into the ring when we discuss striker targets.

Some here feel this is impossible. I wouldn’t go that far, but we’d be facing severe competition from elite clubs in Europe for his signature that’s for sure... so unlikely, but you never know.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Ashley Fletcher?

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;9487222 said:
I reckon it's gonna be someone totally random that no one on NSC has heard of!

You mean Locadiaesc - hmmmmmm???

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
22 year old Elfsborg player and current Allsvenskan top scorer Jesper Karlsson , who had a trial with Brighton in 2015, is apparently negotiating with some unnamed foreign club that made a £2m bid for him. Long shot? Of course, but you never know..

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Definitely not Nunez who has just signed for Benfica. So I reckon the club will surprise us all with a name none of us were expecting.

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
If that’s our former Kiwi striker it’s Wood.

Serious question to you both, if I may?
Have you seen anything of Brewster to suggest he is actually good?
Or is it that he is in Liverpool’s books? I’m not saying he is no good or wouldn’t do a job for us because I don’t know, I am just curious?

No, Brewster is very good.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
I like Weghorst but he is at Wolfsburg, meaning he would be very expensive plus he is a bit too much of the "immovable object" type of player, not very dynamic unlike i.e. McBurnie. Similar to the other Dutch tower, Bas Dost. Sure would be a good pinchhitter (as they call the tall supersub in Holland) but probably too expensive not to be a starter.

Weghorst would be the expensive option. If we’re looking for bargains than Jhon Cordoba from Köln. 1 year left on his contract and he’s just turned down an extension, so potentially a good deal could be done.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports