Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] So we all know there's a striker incoming - Who ?

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
Can play as a striker too.

Although he is a bit old now, he works well with miners so could do a job helping bring the youth through...

I saw him recently and asked if there was any truth in the rumours, he comb over all coy. Personally I think he’s the pits. His girlfriend is no WAG, more a slag heap.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Time for Gyokeres at 22 to step up this season and provide another option?

With GP's approach of trying to promote the younger players from the U23's maybe Gyokeres is to be promoted to become our 3rd striker. At 6ft 2in he's worth a go.

Last edited:

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Although I am not a fan of the loan system, COVID has changed things and a couple of loans for reasonable fees would be good practice in my opinion.

So for what its worth I am going for Brewster from Liverpool and James from Man U.

Cover all areas that does. We may have to wait a little bit longer before we get them though.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Although I am not a fan of the loan system, COVID has changed things and a couple of loans for reasonable fees would be good practice in my opinion.

So for what its worth I am going for Brewster from Liverpool and James from Man U.

Cover all areas that does. We may have to wait a little bit longer before we get them though.

Got a feeling it may be Brewster . Just a personal opinion. Not sure I really would get that though. Liverpool would expect him to get game time and I'd rather see Connolly get the chances ahead of another youngster with potential. Connolly is decent and capable of 10 goals this season IMO

Gykores as the 4th makes sense though.

I hope the 3rd striker is big money and proven ( or as proven as we can get ).

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

James being reunited from united with Potter would be :drool:

Has blistering pace, would make sense for MU to consider a loan back to the manager that got him into the spot light in the first place.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I'm really hoping this proves to be a breakthrough season for Connolly. No doubt he was thrown in at the deep end last season and couldn't have had a higher profile start with those two very different but excellent goals vs. Spurs on his full debut. With hindsight that was probably too perfect a start - given the level of expectation it created. But when the goals dried up he never stopped working, always looked hungry and never hid. I hope that a season in the PL now under his belt and that goal in the last game vs. Burnley provide the perfect platform for him to really kick on now. He looks like a natural goal scorer to me and so no reason why he can't get 10+ this season if a few things roll his way.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I'm really hoping this proves to be a breakthrough season for Connolly. No doubt he was thrown in at the deep end last season and couldn't have had a higher profile start with those two very different but excellent goals vs. Spurs on his full debut. With hindsight that was probably too perfect a start - given the level of expectation it created. But when the goals dried up he never stopped working, always looked hungry and never hid. I hope that a season in the PL now under his belt and that goal in the last game vs. Burnley provide the perfect platform for him to really kick on now. He looks like a natural goal scorer to me and so no reason why he can't get 10+ this season if a few things roll his way.

Agree completely, but it wouldn't surprise me to see him 'rested' regularly as he's still only 20. And possibly the same with Ben White.

One of the reasons I believe a third striker will arrive imminently.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Is he really 22?

Its now or never for the lad.He really should be pushing for selection.

Perhaps they have decided he is not going back out on loan.

Yes, absolutely. I'm not saying he's the answer to our prayers but at 22 and at 6ft 2in he fits the profile of several of the names being mentioned on here as possibles. Didn't do bad at St Pauli last season and think like Connolly now is his time to make his mark. I'm sure the club are still trying to get somebody else in but I have no issue if he effectively becomes Murray's younger replacement.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Brewster from Liverpool

That'll cost Millions.

Breaking news: Here comes Barbs with the agent to sign the deal.

ByO0At.gif

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
If that’s our former Kiwi striker it’s Wood.

Serious question to you both, if I may?
Have you seen anything of Brewster to suggest he is actually good?
Or is it that he is in Liverpool’s books? I’m not saying he is no good or wouldn’t do a job for us because I don’t know, I am just curious?

Scored 11 in 22 for Swansea last season. Take a look at the YouTube highlights. Scored a couple for Liverpool in their preseason game recently.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here